GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

fraying seats...

FinalOne

Ready to race!

nockiboo

Ready to race!
must be your pants, if they have velcro or buttons in your back pockets must scratching/sticking to the seat..that might be the issue..

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
I don't know what causes it. I'm pretty sure I don't wear anything with velcro or buttons that would rub against my seats, yet my seats are fraying. I have my service guy at the dealership looking into the warranty on it for me.

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
must be your pants, if they have velcro or buttons in your back pockets must scratching/sticking to the seat..that might be the issue..

Yes... do NOT wear anything with Velcro in your GTI (if you have cloth interlagos seats). I made this mistake and the right side of my seat began to fray badly. Luckily, I showed it to dealer and they agreed to (and did) replace it. Under warranty.

bearJW

Ready to race!
This is ridiculous... I've owned cars since the late 80's and none had fraying seats. Only my 1 year old Golf TDI. My previous VW, a rabbit, didn't have seat issues... now I have seats that look like crap and creak like crazy. It's ridiculous.

bearJW

Ready to race!
Anytime a friend drives with me somewhere they all say how bad the seats look too... already I know people who've said they wouldn't buy this car because of the seats and the buggy iphone interface, which granted, are not related to how awesome the car is otherwise, but these are details that people see.

bearJW

Ready to race!
The seats have new covers, replaced under warranty now...

Sunnyvale VW really came through for me.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
How many miles on your TDI?