GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mint Oreo Cookie

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
Hey! My name is Artem, and this is my so called "Mint Oreo Cookie." I picked up my car back in May 2011 and so far it's been a blast. With every mod I've just enjoyed it more and more. This is what's been done to it so far, excuse the poor pics at the end, no camera and no photoshoot yet =(

Performance:
-APR Tuned
-Unitronic Intake
-Unitronic DV Relocate
-APR Ko4
-Eurojet FMIC
-Eurojet Catless TBE
-AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe
-BSH Throttle Body Pipe
-P3 Boost Gauge

Suspension and Wheels
-FK Silverline X
-SPM Front Sway Bar (Set to Stiff)
-SPM Rear Sway Bar (Set to Stiff)
-5mm Spacer (Just in the back)
-VMR 710's 18x8.5 45+ Custom

Cosmetics:
-Euro Switch
-OEM Black Euro Chin Spoiler
-35% Tint All Around
-Matte Black Roof
-Matte Black Mirror Caps
-Tinted Mirror Turn Signals
-Tinted Rear Reflectors
-Tinted Side Markers
-LED Plate Lights
-LED City Lights
-LED Switchback Turn Signals
-Interior White LED Lights
-6k HID Fogs
-Color Matched Bottom Valence
-Color Matched Grille Stripes
-Color Matched Hatch Insert
-Satin Black Front VW Emblem
-Satin Black Rear VW Emblem
-Debadged Trunk
-Euro Plate (MöV3 öV3R)

Sound:
-Pioneer Component Speakers All Around
-Skar 8' Sub (Currently Dead, going for another)
-Hifonics 1000w Amp
-Rockford Fosgate 1500w Amp

Previously Installed Mods:
-APR Carbonio Stage 1
-Spax RSX Coilovers
-APR Downpipe
-ECS Tuning Spacers 10.5/17.5
-Spyder Tailights

Future Plans:
-Water+Meth
-Unitronic Stage 2 DSG Flash
-Unitronic Stage2+ Flash
-Mounts

Custom VMR's -- Current Stance -- Thank you Tuning Works (https://www.facebook.com/tuningworksny?fref=ts)

Big thanks to Bill of GSE for the Photoshoot!! Check out https://www.facebook.com/BillMandraPhotography

_D711462.jpeg
_D711483.jpeg
_D711469.jpeg
_D711520.jpeg
_D711546.jpeg
_D711534.jpeg
_D711608.jpeg
_D711610.jpeg
_D711587 2.jpeg

Last edited:

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
YUP...soon my friend i m getting ur stuff ready.

Can't wait =D

Got a few things comming this week actually. A few stickers from blksunshine, my DP, my HID Kit for my Fogs, my bulbs for my headlights (6k) and fog lights (green), and a new sound system courtesy of my parents as a early Christmas Present. Woot woot for being 19. =D haha.

Last edited:

BonJovic

Ready to race!
looks good! I'd try to organize this thread a little better (ie less pictures, bigger(non-clickable) pictures, etc.) I like the matte roof, I was thinking of doing the same.

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
looks good! I'd try to organize this thread a little better (ie less pictures, bigger(non-clickable) pictures, etc.) I like the matte roof, I was thinking of doing the same.

I realize there's a lot of pics, but I figured I'd show the pictures from "before" and "after" with all the mods. In the future, there's gonna be less pics. And as for bigger, I'll make the next set of pics bigger =D

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
UPDATE

APR Reflashed to Stage 2, and installed my APR Downpipe.

Went to go see John@FTC5 and he redid my badges+grille and helped me install my new headlight bulbs.

VAG'ed a few mods as well. No more DRL's! :thumbup: Fogs stay on with High Beams, Gauge Sweep, and Windows Up/Down with key.

Thoughts: Stage 2 is pretty nice, feel the pull really well. But on the downside, wasn't aware that my exhaust would sound this much louder which isn't bad, but it isn't good either. Mixed feelings. Overall, very pleased. I went to Eurotech Motorsport for the install and the reflash. Very good group of guys.

Pics will be put up tommorow, as it's way too dark to take any pics of my car =(

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
UPDATES

So, after a few days of rain, and a few busy days at work. I finally got around to getting my car washed (too cold to do it myself) and taking a few crappy cellphone pics. :( No real camera to take some good photos with.

So this is the work that John@FTC5 did for me:
Grille.jpgGrille2.jpg
Grille3.jpgTrunk.jpg
Stickers.jpgStickers2.jpg

The stickers are from EEM. Thanks Blksunshine. =D

Got tired of the crappy halogen fogs, installed DDM Tuning Kit for my Fogs, with Green Bulbs. (Have 3k's that are unopened for a more Euro Look if these get boring) still need to fix my headlights, since I installed 6k bulbs in the bixenons, they aren't fixated the proper way, so I have to take my bumper off and see whats up. =(

GreenFogs.jpgGreenFogs2.jpg

Second thoughts on Stage 2 since I got that done recently as well. After driving for about 150 miles on it, my CEL came on, and I went back to Eurotech Motorsport for them to check it out. I would of just cleared it, but my Chip was completely locked out. So, after getting to the shop, they cleared my CEL, and they reflashed me again. There is sooooo much more power then I thought. The whole time before, the car was stuck in stock mode but still had pretty good pull. The powerband is a lot smoother then Tock -> Stage 1. Definately more fun to drive.

More to come. Next up are some Koni Coils, and some Matte Black 710 VMR's, sometime in the Spring that way I'm ready for the next Waterfest =D, and Ko4 during the summer.

On the side note, does anyone think it's worth it to get a stage 2 intake pipe? Thoughts on green interior leds?

PS: Can I change the Thread Title or would a Mod have to do it for me?

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
Audio Update

So I decided that stock speakers don't have enough bang =D

Thanks to my parents, I got an early Christmas Present and here are some results.

This is Sub Boxed as of now, and the two amps put into the rear parcel tray. The tray was reinforced with a sheet of Ply, so there wouldn't be any chances of it breaking, and it was resprayed into a matte black'ish color. My car will be taken apart tomorrow so I can run the new speakers in, and wire the two amps. Won't have pics of that, seeing as I'll be at work when my dad works on it.

IMG_20111217_164523.jpgIMG_20111217_164558.jpg
IMG_20111217_164610.jpgIMG_20111217_164627.jpg

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Your spending a lot of money and it is coming along nicely, but too cold to wash yourself? I wouldn't let anyone wash or wax my car, couple of pails of warm water, 2 pair of rubber gloves, i get them from Sam's and you are set.

And I have plenty of money, but I could never justify paying somebody to do that, just say'n save your money or put it to something that is going to last more than a day. :)

Ajax_6154

Ready to race!
Your spending a lot of money and it is coming along nicely, but too cold to wash yourself? I wouldn't let anyone wash or wax my car, couple of pails of warm water, 2 pair of rubber gloves, i get them from Sam's and you are set.

And I have plenty of money, but I could never justify paying somebody to do that, just say'n save your money or put it to something that is going to last more than a day. :)
Are you really bashing him for that... Who gives a shit, if he wants to pay someone to wash it then cool. You think millionaires wash their own cars...

Sent using nonexistent words thanks to swype

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!

Rofl, although I like your compliment, I think you're a funny guy tellin' me that I should wash MY car just because it's MY car.

Let me clue you in a little. I don't live in a house, therefore I'm not dragging buckets of "warm" water outside just for it to sit there for 10 minutes and get cold again. It was like 36 Degrees the day that I got it washed, and it was probably of the very few times that ever happens.

I don't think I'm "spending a lot of money" on it, I feel like I'm not spending enough. She needs coilovers and new shoes, a FMIC, and a Ko4. Then, I'll call it a day. =D

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
colormatch those sidemarkers FTW.