GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge US MK6 GTI Scorpion Exhaust Pre-Order Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion

Forge US has been afforded the very special privilege of being the exclusive US importer and distributor for the vehicle systems from UK based Scorpion Exhausts. We are very excited about this opportunity, and feel that their exhaust systems are the perfect compliment to our current range of engine hardware and Revo Technik software tuning.

Scorpion is a very well known and respected brand within the motorcycle community, and have been heavily involved in sport bike racing at the highest levels. They are also heavily involved in British Touring Car racing, Time Attack, and the VW Racing Cup series in the UK. They sponsor individual race teams and even all entries in full race series' alike and have been a part of numerous victories and championships. Their motorsport credentials are vast and this is a testament to the unparalleled quality of product they produce.

For some time now, we have been using their exhausts on our own in-house TTS project car, as well as our championship winning Vauxhall Astra time attack car in the UK, and numerous employee vehicles and other race teams that we sponsor are also using Scorpion systems, which are truly race-bred. We will be working with Scorpion closely to expand their fitment range over the coming weeks, months, and hopefully years to come.

Another unique option available exclusively from Forge Motorsport will be the ability to offer titanium “race” exhaust systems for the utmost weight savings and performance potential while still offering a great sound. A cat-less non-resonated system can save as much as 40 lbs or more compared to the stock exhaust. This premium full hand-crafted option will be offered on a built-to-order basis only.

A video of our TTS project car featuring a custom Scorpion exhaust can be viewed here:

As we are preparing to place an initial stocking order for exhaust systems to Scorpion, we would like to give you all an opportunity to secure an exhaust for yourselves as part our initial stocking order.

Participation in the pre-order will give you a 20% discount from the normal retail price of any exhaust system.

All we ask is a 50% deposit to secure your desired system.

Participation also comes with the understanding that a specific ETA cannot be provided immediately, as production times will vary based on the quantity of systems ordered, and that the entire order will be consolidated into a single bulk shipment from the UK to the US. We will obviously do our best to keep participants apprised of any updates as they are made available.

If you are interested in participating in the pre-order please call or e-mail us directly to reserve your desired system and place a deposit. Include all of the following information:

- name
- forum username for reference
- telephone
- billing address
- shipping address (if different from billing)
- payment method (credit card or paypal)
- model of vehicle
- specific exhaust system desired (list options)

The pre-order will remain open until the end of the month, at which point, we will close it and submit the order to Scorpion for reserved systems as well as our stock.

The systems available for the MK6 GTI are as follows:

Downpipes:

Full 3" Stainless Downpipe w/ High Flow Cat (fits OEM cat-back) – Normally $800 – Pre-Order $640
Full 3" Stainless Downpipe No-Cat (fits OEM cat-back) – Normally $422 – Pre-Order $338

Cat-Backs:

3" Stainless Resonated Cat-Back (fits OEM downpipe) – Normally $1038 – Pre-Order $830
3" Stainless Non-Res Cat-Back (fits OEM downpipe) – Normally $860 – Pre-Order $689

Turbo-Backs:

Full 3" Stainless Resonated Turbo-Back w/ High Flow Cat – Normally $1842 – Pre-Order $1473
Full 3" Stainless Non-Res Turbo-Back w/ High Flow Cat – Normally $1665 – Pre-Order $1332

Full 3" Stainless Resonated Turbo-Back No-Cat – Normally $1461 – Pre-Order $1169
Full 3" Stainless Non-Res Turbo-Back No-Cat – Normally $1331 – Pre-Order $1065

Unfortunately, we do not currently have installed photos or sound clips of the MK6 GTI systems, however, we will obtain some as soon as possible.

The titanium "race" systems are not currently a stocking item for the MK6 Golf R, however, we are more than happy and willing to produce them as custom made-to-order for serious buyers only. Pricing will vary based on options selected. Please contact us for details.

Last edited:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Subbed for sound clips of the non-resonated cat-back. :D

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
what would the cost be for a fully titanium catback with no cat, res, or muffler?

also would like a price for a full titanium tbe no cat, res, or muffler.

thanks.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
This is just an estimate based on the Titanium options for the TTS, which would be very similar to the MK6 GTI, since no MK6 GTI Titanium systems have been produced or priced out yet.

Titanium Non-Res Cat-Back (fits OEM downpipe) – Normally $2864 – Pre-Order $2291

Titanium Non-Res Turbo-Back w/ High Flow Cat – Normally $3600 – Pre-Order $2880
Titanium Non-Res Turbo-Back No-Cat – Normally $3250 – Pre-Order $2600

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
I've got all the confirmed orders in the system and ready to be submitted. :thumbsup:

I'll keep the pre-order open for the next week (ending Friday Jan. 6th) to give anyone else still on the fence a chance to jump in, at which point I'm going to close this and submit the final order to Scorpion.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
A few more orders confirmed today!

Again, I'm closing the pre-order at the end of this week to submit to Scorpion! Last chance to secure the system of your choice at 20% off! :thumbsup:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
What happened to Blue Flame?

chino246

Ready to race!
That Catback looks sick. Exactly what I would love to see on my car...Gunna have to sit this group buy out though...Looking forward to seeing some videos of these when they're on some forum members cars!

chino246

Ready to race!
3" Stainless Resonated Cat-Back (fits OEM downpipe) – Normally $1038 – Pre-Order $830

Is this price including shipping? You stated that this would be shipped as a bulk from UK to U.S. So does that mean that you guys will then in turn ship to everyone's individual address that purchased with this group buy?

The price is high, but I can't stop coming back to this thread and staring at that Resonated Cat-Back pic....

Thanks, Maybe jumping on this group buy....My wife is going to kill me. lol

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
these are just so :drool:
the name is cool too. Do you know if the downpipe is CEL free for stock tune?

Catted downpipe will likely throw a CEL as the rear O2 will see lower cat efficiency from the high flow cat.

Cat-less downpipe will definitely throw a CEL.

Options would be software or O2 sensor spacers.

What happened to Blue Flame?

The two partners that ran Blue Flame split up while we were actively working on promoting their brand here, and our dealings with them got severed in the process unfortunately, so rather than wait to see what, if anything, could be salvaged from that, we chose to move on and find another company to work with.

Scorpion was keen to work with us, and us with them, so it was a mutually beneficially arrangement! :)

Is this price including shipping? You stated that this would be shipped as a bulk from UK to U.S. So does that mean that you guys will then in turn ship to everyone's individual address that purchased with this group buy?

The price is high, but I can't stop coming back to this thread and staring at that Resonated Cat-Back pic....

Thanks, Maybe jumping on this group buy....My wife is going to kill me. lol

Shipping from the UK to us is obviously factored in, as well as import duties, etc.

Shipping from us to you is not included, but will vary slightly based on the weight and dimensions of the exact system you order, your shipping zip code, commercial vs. residential, etc.

chino246

Ready to race!
"Shipping from us to you is not included, but will vary slightly based on the weight and dimensions of the exact system you order, your shipping zip code, commercial vs. residential, etc."

Do you have a ballpark figure for a resonated cat back system shipped to 33186? If you know roughly what the weight is of the system, maybe you could give a rough estimate.

Really wish that was the price shipped, I would definitely consider joining this group buy. But now that shipping is additional, I dunno.

Thanks for the info Mike.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
I never said shipping was included above, so it should not have been assumed that it was. Obviously, shipping will vary greatly based on numerous factors, so we cannot account for that in the pricing of each system. There are too many variables. It will cost a totally different amount to ship a smaller system 2nd Day Air to California than it will a larger system Ground to New York, etc.

Shipping within FL of just a cat-back system will probably be $30-40, but that is only a guess.

chino246

Ready to race!
Got it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.