GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intakes

Dmans_GTI

What one gives you the most power gains. Are all of them very close to each other. What one has the best sound then.

lawgdawg

Ready to race!
i didn't but it looks like i will tomorrow probably.

subdoc

Passed Driver's Ed
what the hell does the breather do???
There are 2 types of engines CCTA(ultra low emission) and CBFA(super ultra low emission). The CBFA has a 3rd oxygen sensor and that is what the little breather filter is necessary. If you have a CCTA engine, you don't need the secondary filter.

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed

easy way to tell if you have CBFA or CCTA

carlitosz

i didn't but it looks like i will tomorrow probably.

Same here. I`ll also add the filter. I notice a tube coming out of the button of the airbox and wonder what it was. I`ll be adding the filter tomorrow.

I also post some pictures of the intake. For $40 you cannot beat it. It is the same as the BSH intake for 1/5 of the price. I added an extra 90 degree pipe and now the intake is further from the engine. The sound is intoxicating. You can hear the filter every time you accelerate and the DV valve is is a lot more noticeable.

Will follow up tomorrow.

Carbon Blir

Ready to race!
what does the hose do???
carlito you say you can hear the dv when? i can only hear mine when i rev but not at shift

lawgdawg

Ready to race!
what does the hose do???
carlito you say you can hear the dv when? i can only hear mine when i rev but not at shift

I can hear mine at shift. But not if I shift past 3,000 RPM

PDUB

Ready to race!
i did the same thing as lawgdog except i have a 45degree bend on mine. it was around $50 and its a hell of alot better than payin around $200 for the same thing. parts fromn autozone... who cares, better flow is better flow. its not too much louder, the blow off and turbo is a little louder.

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
Just ordered a BSH stage I and II from DBC performance. Got an excellent deal on it, so I will be happy to see when it arrives this/next week :happyanim:
Originally i was thinking of going with EVOMS intake (i like teh powerful soundz), but it is only $50 less than the full BSH system and doesnt include a stage II pipe.
now i'm just going to be really anxious for a week haha :burnrubber:

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
http://www.parts4euro.com/DCShop/product_info.php?products_id=904

On sale for 269! Quite interested, but I don't like the fact that it doesn't have a heat shield.

it does have a heat shield. if you look at all the pictures it may be hard to pick out because of the angles and the fact that it is black. but it provides a shield from the battery to the ram-air tube (they re-use the stock hydro lock compartment to funnel air down towards their filter)

I would have gone with this system (it sounds way more throaty than most systems) were it not for the fact that it doesn't offer a stage II pipe yet (Ian @ EVOMS told me it'd be about 6 weeks until it hits the market) and the odd way they kept the stock intake tube.

Last edited: