GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sidemarkers

Rob2.5

Ready to race!
How do you take out your sidemarkers on the mkvi? Do you just put a lot of pressure on one side of them and then it "pops" up?

I also heard you have to push on something under the bumper inside the wheel well or around the region and then it pops out.

Which one is it???

Thanks.

Q822

Ready to race!
really easy...behind the bumper...right in front of the wheel...you have a hole with a cap on it...remove the cap...put your hand in the hole..and remove your sidemarker...

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
i'm hoping for someone to make us some tinted side markers...

Q822

Ready to race!
I'm waiting for ESE Tuning and their colormatched side markers. They told me it's coming...

Q822

Ready to race!
I've done my own..sorry the car is dirty...it's winter and snow etc...ok I will wash it today lol :

Attachments

• IMG_3006.jpg
    IMG_3006.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_3007.jpg
    IMG_3007.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 248

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
I've done my own..sorry the car is dirty...it's winter and snow etc...ok I will wash it today lol :

looks good! :w00t: smoooooth - more pics please when the weather is better!

Rob2.5

Ready to race!
Can someone take a picture of this cap I'm supposed to remove because when i felt under the bumper in the wheel well i didn't feel anything I could remove.

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
Can someone take a picture of this cap I'm supposed to remove because when i felt under the bumper in the wheel well i didn't feel anything I could remove.

it's in the wheel well, not under the bumper - think of it like this: if you were to shove a stick through the fog lights, the cap is where it would hit the wheel well and then hit the tire... turn your wheels in one direction and you'll see it plain as day...

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
just blacked out the markers

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 338

mk6 gti

Ready to race!
How did you go about blacking out your markers....looks great!:thumbup:

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
I popped the markers out from inside the bumper. then i sanded them down, put 4 coats of black paint and i couple coats of clear. i did it the rear reflecters too. i'll get pics of them up soon :thumbsup: