GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage II ECU Upgrade. WOW!

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
I finally took the plunge and got the stage II ECU upgrade from APR. For the record, I went straight from stock to stage II.

...all I can say is "WOW"! It literally brought a giant smile to my face. Hit 140mph on my first run and it was still pulling strong. I am very pleased with the results and I can't wait to take the car out for a long drive this weekend. It is going to take some time getting use to all of this extra power and that is a great thing!

I just wanted to share my excitement. That is all. :thumbup:

:icon_secta:

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Congrats!, you're gonna enjoy it. Just go easy on those tires :laugh:

I see you have the raceland DP, are you CBFA or CCTA? Just wondering.

czhao1009

Ready to race!
Congratz!
what's the difference between stock->stage I->stage II vs. stock->stage II?
I'm a newbie to tunes :)

jbgtied

Passed Driver's Ed
What will a software tune do to the longevity of the engine components and turbo? Say Stage 1 and or Stage 2 on a stock GTI 2.0T?

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Op what do you think of the new dp sound? Quiet until wot right? I just went stage 1 to 2 with Raceland dp. Dsg burp is now a BRAP! Power surge in the midrange is intense! Pulls like a stock 335 BMW now.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
man, threads like these makes me want to go to stage 2. but i already spent so much money in 1 month and i only got the car for a month lol.

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
What will a software tune do to the longevity of the engine components and turbo? Say Stage 1 and or Stage 2 on a stock GTI 2.0T?

This would be a good question for the APR guys. The obvious is answer, more power = more wear/tear = longevity goes down

If anyone can only afford one mod, please make it a Stage 1 tune :D

Agreed!

Op what do you think of the new dp sound? Quiet until wot right? I just went stage 1 to 2 with Raceland dp. Dsg burp is now a BRAP! Power surge in the midrange is intense! Pulls like a stock 335 BMW now.

To be honest with you, it did not sound entirely different to me, but then again I haven't driven it very much yet at WOT.

DSG? 6-speed FTW :thumbsup:

I have not driven a stock BMW 335 so I could not compare the two.

man, threads like these makes me want to go to stage 2. but i already spent so much money in 1 month and i only got the car for a month lol.

I waited over a year to get mine. All good things come to those who wait ;-)

...and I too got tired of reading about all of the fun others were having

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
The other day I was past 100mph passing someone and dsg was still shifting...!

JhnR

Banned
oh rly? you were in 7th gear and was still shifting huh?