GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coolant leaking all over the place

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
was pumping gas and saw a giant puddle of orange fluid under my car :cry:
pulled to the back of the station and waited.

here is a video
http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff459/fatty101006/?action=view&current=SDC12584.mp4

car was dropped off at the dealer earlier .. since its Saturday I doubt it will get looked at until Monday. I didn't even get a rental since the dealerships were closed. :thumbdown:

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
Holy hell man... Was it making any noise (water pump whine) or giving dash lights?

I've been secretly paranoid about this with my car... Hope they get you sorted asap!

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
This happened to me. No noise or other warning signs, just started leaking like a puppy. Fixed under warranty, no hassle about being stage 2.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
What model years have the defective water pumps?

generally speaking every VW in recent memory has shitty water pumps. In the case of the MK6 all of the TSI's have a shit water pump, half are fine, almost half makes some noise but work fine, and a few have let loose and dumped coolant

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
I was in the middle of pumping gas while it happened. I went into the station and asked if the mechanic can come out and see what the issue is... he dabbed his hand with the fluid on the floor and told me that it was the transmission fluid :lol: guess my empty coolant tank doesn't have anything to do with it huh

Sleepy1

Ready to race!
I was in the middle of pumping gas while it happened. I went into the station and asked if the mechanic can come out and see what the issue is... he dabbed his hand with the fluid on the floor and told me that it was the transmission fluid :lol: guess my empty coolant tank doesn't have anything to do with it huh

Damn..... trans fluid....

Swoope

Ready to race!
he was not stranded.

he took advice from someone that stranded him..

knowledge is power.. but in this case better safe than sorry.. ;)

beers

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
This happened to me. No noise or other warning signs, just started leaking like a puppy. Fixed under warranty, no hassle about being stage 2.

For anyone else with this issue, any warning signs:

Gauge, noise, steam etc.?

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
I never heard a noise. Car started up fine on the drive to the gas station. I didn't notice it until I started pumping gas. I turned my car on and got the "low coolant" light and drove it behind the gas station to get it towed. Gave the dealership a call, guess they're closed on Sundays :thumbdown: