GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reverse light always on with Golf R tails?

SpikyDurian

Passed Driver's Ed
(First off, I tried searching the forum and didn't find a related thread.)

So I ordered the Golf R tail lights from ECS Tuning and got them installed today. I turn on the headlights and noticed the reverse lights are always on. I had my brother get in the car and put it in reverse and there's no difference.

The attached photo is the car in Park with the lights on. Anyone know what's going on? BTW, I have a 2012 autobahn and have not done any VCDS coding.

IMG_0914.jpg

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I have the Vacars and they have not been coded yet and work fine. What's up with your inner tail led lights? Do you have the hatch open a little bit? Otherwise they should be on too.

Uberryan

Banned
Looks like a cross wire, as the inners should be lit, and instead the reverse lights are. I would take them off, and notify ECS that you need to either troubleshoot this set, or trade them for another pair. Something ain't right in the wiring there.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Looks like a cross wire, as the inners should be lit, and instead the reverse lights are. I would take them off, and notify ECS that you need to either troubleshoot this set, or trade them for another pair. Something ain't right in the wiring there.

^ op, put it in reverse and see if the inner LEDs come on

SpikyDurian

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm thinking the wiring is messed up too now. When I put it in reverse the inners do light up. Hopefully I can just exchange the wiring harness.

Thanks guys!

mark986

Ready to race!
Crazy Asians living in Germany... Haha.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
+1 to FocalPoint's post.

Uberryan

Banned
This goes beyond a harness issue, brah. The harnesses merely make the NA plug fit the EU connector. That there is a cross-wire, and needs to be torn down and re-wired and sold as a refurb unit on ECS' end. Arrange for an exchange, or refund.

SpikyDurian

Passed Driver's Ed
This goes beyond a harness issue, brah. The harnesses merely make the NA plug fit the EU connector. That there is a cross-wire, and needs to be torn down and re-wired and sold as a refurb unit on ECS' end. Arrange for an exchange, or refund.

I've emailed them with pics and am awaiting a response. I was hoping not having to return them but looks like i'm out of luck.

P

plac

seems like a simple coding issue... i thought all LED tails needed to be coded.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Code then report back. Non coded lights do weird shit.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I thought coding was just for removing the 'bulb out' light. Did you have to do this after installing yours for them to work? How about you plac?

Not only that, but the lights go through a weird "flicker" procedure also, where every light flashes individually when you first turn them on.

P

plac

coding is for more than the bulb out light. Can even effect the brightness of certain bulbs and stuff.

Can't remember what code i ended up with.. maybe 1F but im probably wrong.