GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

For those looking for cheap Bi-Xenon OEM LED swap...

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
The seller is no longer responding to the emails :/

I just received a new set of OEM LED Bi-Xenon headlights from a vendor in Puebla, Mexico. I met him through the Mexican version of eBay - MercadoLibre. The dude is a legit VW parts distributor and he gets these for the Jetta Sportswagen and they fit the GTI just the same. He charges 7,000 pesos for the lights, which equals to $531 USD.. without including the shipping. I live in Mexico so shipping was like $26 USD to ship across the country.

These are a direct plug-and-play replacement for those with factory Bi-Xenons and the Highline CECM.

Here is the MercadoLibre ad for these:
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx...olf-gti-_JM?redirectedFromParent=MLM406684236

Here are some pics I took with my iPad, sorry for the crappy quality!

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 1,443
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 862
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    263.9 KB · Views: 802
  • photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    255.2 KB · Views: 753
  • photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 743
  • photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 856
Last edited:

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
I'm getting ready to install them. I'll post pics and a brief review as soon as I finish!

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
Yessir! Just got done installing them! Everything works perfect! These come straight from the factory in Puebla, Mexico for the Jetta Sportswagens like I said. The only downside is that they do come from Mexico (although made in Germany) so people automatically assume the worst..

But yep... I got them and I love em..

If anyone has any questions let me know... ill post a few night pics of the lights in a bit

spiker369

on air, don't care
Might as well ask my noobish question.. Could I replace my halogen housings with these and it still be plug and play?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Might as well ask my noobish question.. Could I replace my halogen housings with these and it still be plug and play?

No. At the very least you'll need 10 to 12 pin harnesses. If you can deal with the dash light and don't mind some wiring you can run an aftermarket HID kit or you can go the OEM route. Be aware that the factory ballasts are 128 a piece dealer cost.

spiker369

on air, don't care
No. At the very least you'll need 10 to 12 pin harnesses. If you can deal with the dash light and don't mind some wiring you can run an aftermarket HID kit or you can go the OEM route. Be aware that the factory ballasts are 128 a piece dealer cost.

Ahh okay! Not really looking to drop the money on new light right now anyways; just wanted the info with minimum flaming. :p

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
So, uh, watcha doin with the lights that were replaced?

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
So, uh, watcha doin with the lights that were replaced?

lol... I MIGHT be down to sell them... I'd like to put them back on when I sell the car in a couple of years though. Guess I can just do the whole "Cash+your old xenons" bit.

Shoot me an offer for these and we can talk about it!

And as far as the Black R lights go... That was the first thing I asked the guy and its a no go. He'd have to get them from Europe so it would be more expensive in the end.

If ya'll don't want to go through the MercadoLibre site, I'm sure he would be willing to deal with international buyers personally via email. I'll get in touch with him if anyone is interested! Let me know.

Just wondering.. does anyone know how to correctly setup the AFS or auto align the headlights via vagcom? The AFS module works fine on these but I had to manually adjust them with the allen bolts :/.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
hmm...Let me do some research on how much its going to cost me to retrofit the OEM bixenons and I'll let you know. Its not my car but...couldn't you just sell your car with the LED bixenons on it? I mean its OEM and as long as there arent any dash lights who would notice besides one who would appreciate it?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
In order for the afs and auto level to function you need the sensors in your suspension. You can adjust range with vag com.

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
hmm...Let me do some research on how much its going to cost me to retrofit the OEM bixenons and I'll let you know. Its not my car but...couldn't you just sell your car with the LED bixenons on it? I mean its OEM and as long as there arent any dash lights who would notice besides one who would appreciate it?

True, but for the same reason people swap out the LED tails for the non-LED before they sell the car... I can sell them for 500 or so to someone not wanting to pay the full OEM price in the US. I live in Texas when school is out for the summer so shipping wouldn't be a problem... there's also all the other stage2 stuff I'd part out before selling the car.