GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM Street Downpipe Review

MAD_GTI

Ready to race!
I know I'm not the first, nor will I be the last. I decided I would share my opinons about this new downpipe that is on the market for our vehicles.

First off, customer service was exceptional and jared was easy to work with. Now to the equipment.

The downpipe itself is gorgeous, build quality is second to none. The welds are crisp and clean, and the v band flanges are tip notch.

So I took it in to get installed and get re-flashed to stage 2.After speaking with the guys that installed it, they said it was the " nicest and best fitting downpipe they have fitted on a mk6, compared to APR and Ultimate Racing." They also said that the hangars on the front lined up perfectly with the orange cups.
The sound is around 10% louder than stock. No drone or constant tone under highway speeds, just under WOT you can hear it. It passed the girlfriend test (she hated my WRX) which I was pretty happy about. :thumbup:

Edit: FINALLY WORKING VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O1CW_G1D9I&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
Do you have a stock catback? I ordered the downpipe yesterday, but had to cancel my order today.. bummer..because I needed the extra cash for my dog's emergency vet visit. I'm hoping to get it ordered after my next paycheck and just pay cash for it and not hit my savings or credit cards. I am really curious about how much louder it is over stock, because I run a muffler delete, because I need a hitch and my stock catback was hitting the hitch. The only other downpipe I have thought about with my exhaust is a UR with 400 cell cat and resonator.

...Sent from my phone with typos...

MAD_GTI

Ready to race!
Do you have a stock catback? I ordered the downpipe yesterday, but had to cancel my order today.. bummer..because I needed the extra cash for my dog's emergency vet visit. I'm hoping to get it ordered after my next paycheck and just pay cash for it and not hit my savings or credit cards. I am really curious about how much louder it is over stock, because I run a muffler delete, because I need a hitch and my stock catback was hitting the hitch. The only other downpipe I have thought about with my exhaust is a UR with 400 cell cat and resonator.

Yeah I have the stock cat back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAD_GTI

Ready to race!

I was considering the UR with a resonater because I wanted to stay close to the stock tone, for the sake of my gf, but this seems to be an ok route to go while retaining much of the stock sound at normal operating speed.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
How was the fitment of the downpipe to stock cat back? Did it line up good with the same gap? Also what about the hangers and the rubbers?

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

MAD_GTI

Ready to race!
How was the fitment of the downpipe to stock cat back? Did it line up good with the same gap? Also what about the hangers and the rubbers?

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

It lined up nearly perfect, even the rubbers and hangers. Without a doubt fit just as well as the stock DP.

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Excellent pics! It's on the shopping list for me!

dav1d

Ready to race!