GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC Software for MK6 250Q DSG Transmission covering 2009-2012 is NOW available!

Austin@giac

Ready to race!

New Product: GIAC Software for MK6 DQ250 DSG Transmission covering 2009-2012

New GIAC Software for 250Q DSG:

GIAC is proud to announce the release of performance DSG transmission software for the MK VI GTI and GLI (will support ALL Temic DQ250 mechatronic). This software complements GIAC performance engine software and is installed in minutes using regular GIAC flashing tools through the OBDII port. Installation of the GIAC product does not require removal of the DSG computer from the car.This quick upgrade helps to increase requests, shift speeds and limiters in your DSGs mechatronic to ensure you get the most from your modified Volkswagen.

GIAC's two stages of DSG software truly optimize launch control, shift and torque limiter features for the end users performance modifications:

Stage 1: (MSRP: $550.00 USD/$450.00 USD with GIAC Engine Flash)

• Faster, smoother transitions between gears
  • Launch control limiter set at 3400 RPM
  • Hard rev limiters set at stock limits
  • Remapped sport mode "drive program" with improved ability to hold gears and overheating protection

Stage 2: (MSRP: $650.00 USD/$550.00 USD with GIAC Engine Flash)

• Faster, smoother transitions between gears
  • Launch control limiter set at 3700 RPM
  • Hard rev limiters slightly bumped over stock to be compatible with most aftermarket tunes
  • Remapped sport mode "drive program" with improved ability to hold gears and overheating protection
  • No automatic kick down in manual mode
  • Increased torque limits set to over 500 nM

For customization (such as custom shift and rev limiters) and stage 3 software, please email sales@GIACusa.com.

Check out Panda's review of the stage 2 software here:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44968

GIAC on Facebook

Follow GIAC on Twitter

Last edited:

CFG9000

Ready to race!
Kickdown removal should be Stage 1.

Retro1

Ready to race!
lolwut it's called stage 2 <_<

they're not forcing you to get stage 1

..unless you DON'T want the features of stage 2 (don't know why)

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
..unless you DON'T want the features of stage 2 (don't know why)

Depends on whether the mapping is the same for stage 1 and stage 2.

Deaks2

Ready to race!
Is the discount applicable to people who already have a GIAC tune, or those that are getting an ECU and TCU flash at the same time?

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Long shot, but anything for the traditional AT in the tiguan?

PeeLo801

Ready to race!
Is the discount applicable to people who already have a GIAC tune, or those that are getting an ECU and TCU flash at the same time?

^this

Also, how would the launch control feature work on the GLI since it doesn't come with it stock? Would getting this DSG software enable it?

Austin@giac

Ready to race!
^this

Also, how would the launch control feature work on the GLI since it doesn't come with it stock? Would getting this DSG software enable it?

This is something I will need to speak with my engineers a bit more about before I can give you a final answer on it. I know that we have always been able to turn on launch control in models that did not have it active. However, you will need the Electronic Stability Protection retrofit in order to activate it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I don't experience kickdown in manual mode now - ever. If I were to get stage 1, would that change? RE: rev limiter -that was set with my APR engine software , will GIAC then be taking that rev limit back down to stock then or?

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
So this tune won't adjust the shift points in regular D mode by default but I could request a custom shift map for it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
02E vs. 250Q......details? If I'm not mistaken 02Q is the 6 speed manual and 02E is the DSG. So where is the 250Q?