GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thule Racks Opinion

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
Ok, so since i have gotten the car. i have had the racks on the car. i just think it looks weird without them on. but i would like to see what you guys have to say. probably looks worse because tiggy is stock height. lol Opinions

Off:
IMG_0846 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

On:
Front by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
I'm a huge fan of the aesthetics of the rack, I know most people dont buy into that thought process but I love them with a rack on them, it has a certain fashionable utility to it. Looks better with the rack in my opinion.

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
I'm a huge fan of the aesthetics of the rack, I know most people dont buy into that thought process but I love them with a rack on them, it has a certain fashionable utility to it. Looks better with the rack in my opinion.

i agree. but my gf thinks it looks better off. i just tell her to deal with it. :p

guess time to put them back on

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Put the racks on when you need them, take them off when not needed, why lose fuel efficiency? Plus they add wind noise.. My 2 cents.

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Im a fan of roof racks, just not on hatches. I just dont think they look good (if thats what your going for). I would prefer them on a jetta or any other type of sedan.

mattbrown

Ready to race!
I have my roof rack (OEM) on most of the time and love the look of it. There is just something about the first time you take the rack off after having it on for months. It really looks like a different car. Makes it look sleeker.

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
I only put my Thule rack on when I need it. It takes about 8 minutes to install and 3 minutes to take off.

...Sent from my phone with typos...

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
I love roof racks - but for the aesthetic to work, you have to have the right mounts for the season. People who run bars with a fork-mount bike rack mid-winter just look lazy. Similarly, people who ride around with ski/snow-board mounts all summer - I hate that. I'm also not a huge fan of just bars -- while they can serve a purpose alone, it looks like you just got a car with bars, but don't use them.

I don't do winter sports -- just road cycling. I actually finished up my riding season already (have a 35w pregnant wife! so any free time I have is spent building the nursery) so the racks just came off the car last time I washed, and will stay in the garage until Spring.

skillz1318

Passed Driver's Ed
My 2 cents....on when needed, off when not. It's like the guys that drive around with tow hooks in their front bumper. Pointless unless you are using it.

Obviously, if you really like it on, who cares what we think : )

GTmyI

Ready to race!
The way I see it... it looks sooo much better with rack... but since you black out your car... its nice to without the rack

Only thing I am worry is scratching the paint or scratching some thing while putting it on or off. Don't care about the gas that much... you might pay extra $1 (if that) every time you fill up with rack on...

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Rack City B-tch! :thumbsup:

ilovebrunch

Ready to race!