GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed Discharge Pipe Review + Dyno before & after

fabio1

Ready to race!
Hi to all, i will try to do my best Review on this: Neuspeed Discharge Pipe

I live in Argentina. A month ago i recieved my Neuspeed discharge pipe and i never had time to instal it. So i decided to take the car to the Rasen Dyno (dynojet style) on Saturday http://www.rasencompeticion.com.ar/. This Dyno is the offitial for many Racing Car Categories, so this is a RELIABLE Dyno.
My car had Stage APR stage 1+ (Repro+Carbonio Stage 1&2) and i want to be sure that the power delivered was the same as APR showns in his webs site, and then spend a time instaling the Discharge Pipe.

So here are my results:
APR says that the Stage 1+ guarantee arround 260 hp.. my results on dyno was 258.5.. not bad.
Note: This was before instalation of Nuespeed Discharge Pipe

then, i take 30 minutes to put the Discharge Pipe on my car, and then dyno again.. i want to see real numbers of how much this improve.. and here...

OEM vs Neuspeed Discharge pipe (call populary pancake)

:attention_whore:

Without vs with Neuspeed discharge pipe comparison

Conclusions: I get 9.5 hp and 0.5 Kgm torque more ON dyno (arround 268 vs 258) , same climate conditions, same day, etc.. i recomend this mod to everyone! :thumbsup:
Car feels more quick, fast, more response, etc.
Let me make a call here: Before this mod my clutch do not slip any way... after this mod my clutch start to slip.. this change is day night one..
Is not only dyno numb, ass dyno demostration.. also cluth sliping demostration of the power i earn with this mod! :w00t:

Thanks to Neuspeed and APR to give me great products. they worth it!

MORE PICS ON DYNO:

Thanks to everyone! :)
Fabio

Last edited:
P

plac

honestly surprised you gained 10hp to the wheels with this mod. very interesting indeed. and nice writeup.

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Looks like a AWE pipe to me.

P

plac

WAIT.. its even in an AWE tuning box... WTF is going on here.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Looks like a AWE pipe to me.

Basically the same, but from what I have seen the Neuspeed has a better coupler connection.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Is there any diffrence between the two? I see the Neuspeed says it comes with a new billet adaptor but do you reallly need that? Its $180 vs $240 or so.

Better seal on coupler end, AWE is prone to leaking a little. Wish I got the Neuspeed.

fabio1

Ready to race!
WAIT.. its even in an AWE tuning box... WTF is going on here.

sorry i take another picture from the web. lbecause i forgot to take a picture to compare them. let me correct this :)

this is my seccond review. im not used to do this. so i forget perfect steps for perfect review.. not like you plac ;)

P

plac

THAT is an AWE tuning pipe, so the review is completely misleading. Neuspeed has a much thicker aluminum rim on it.

Attachments

• AWE-TSI-TOP-B-2.jpg
    AWE-TSI-TOP-B-2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 952
  • 48.02.71-2.jpg
    48.02.71-2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 888

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Better seal on coupler end, AWE is prone to leaking a little. Wish I got the Neuspeed.

Better seal? Its usues the OE coupling. If it leaks its not because of awe's design.