GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Plaid seats + Blue Coral = clean seats

IVVVIKris

Ready to race!
I gave Blue Coral a shot after reading good things about it here. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. :thumbup:

Before

After

Last edited:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
i always wonder how those cleaners actually 'lift' out the dirt vs just seep them in deeper into the foam?

I took a short course in cleaning products (I'm a controls engineer for washing machines). Most soaps use "surfactants" which are molecules like little magnets. One side of the molecule is attracted to the partial negative polarity of water and the other side is opposed. When you have a piece of dirt on a surface surrounded by a water/surfactant solution, the surfactants will orient themselves against the dirt and actually physically lift the soil off the surface. Found it fascinating, myself.

Worth noting that a carbon bases cleaner probably doesn't work the same way, but wth now you know :p

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect

snowboardgti

Ready to race!
you mean its basically soap right? its how soap works with 'washing' away fats..
even if the 'soil is lifted,' or surrounded, it could still go the opposite way.. ie. the other side of the seat and into the foam....

edit: im trying to figure out the best way to clean my seats. i figured going w/ rug doctor would be the easiest/cleanest route since it vaccumes up all the water

Last edited:

SABOtage

Ready to race!
Surfactants in the form of micelles which are spheres of phospholipids composed of phospholipids with a shell consisting of hydrophilic heads (water loving) and charged hydrophobic tails pointed in towards the core. As far as I know, micelles are involved in electrostatic interactions with dirt and particles having a charge. I only know this because it was on my MCAT