GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

J-DUB's CSG GTI

J-Dub1488

Ready to race!
Hey everyone, my name is Jon. Got my GTI on Nov 24th, 2012. Love this car, first car that I've had that I can really enjoy driving. First car (truck) that i owned was a Ford Ranger the second was a Dodge Dakota. Made this thread to keep tabs on the process..

Specs:
2013 VW GTI
Carbon Steel Grey
2 Door
Manual

Planned Mods:

Lighting:
Red Footwell Lights (Installed)
LED License Plate Lights (Installed)
6000k HID Head Lights (Installed)
3000k HID Fog Lights (Installed)
Ed's LED Projector Head Lights (Installed)
Ed's Cherry LED Tail Lights (Installed)
Euro Light Switch (Ordered)

Suspension/Wheels:
FK Highsport Coilovers (Installed)
H&R 10mm Spacers (Installed)
H&R 37mm Bolts (Installed)
034Motorsport Strut Mounts (Ordered)

Cosmetic:
Euro Front Lip (Installed)
Painted Side Markers (Installed)
OEM Roof Rack w/ Thule 883 Glide and Set Kayak Carrier (Ordered)

Audio:
JL Audio Stealth Box (Ordered)
JL Audio JX500/1D Amplifier

Here are some crappy cell phone shots of the car until I get some better ones..

Last edited:

J-Dub1488

Ready to race!
Not really part of the build but I just ordered some stuff from detailers domain.. Got the Lusso Car Care kit, Uber Waffle Weave Towel, Grit Guard, and a Uber Boar's Hair Wheel Brush. :) Cant wait to wash my car for the first time!

J-Dub1488

Ready to race!
thanks guys, ill be ordering the headlights and installing them after this semester is over, its finals week which means i have no life right now lol.
What brand of HID kits did you get?
I ordered the USP HIDs and USP LED license plate lights.

J-Dub1488

Ready to race!

Ordered my coils today :)

J-Dub1488

Ready to race!
Washed the car today. Love the products I got from detailers domain! Gonna take some better shots with the gf's camera later on this week.

J-Dub1488

Ready to race!
Update: Had to re-order my coils due to a shipping problem. went ahead and added H&R 10mm Rear Wheel Spacers and H&R 37mm Bolts to the order. Will be installing at the end of next week! :)

J-Dub1488

Ready to race!
Coils and spacers came in today :)

J-Dub1488

Ready to race!
Installed my coils and spacers today. Didn't go that low, want to get use to it before I drop it any more. Ride is pretty good. Im going out of town for a week so it will have some time to settle :)

Will have pics when i get back

J-Dub1488

Ready to race!
Installed the front lip today. Looks good, now I just need to wash her!

Also ordered 034Motorsport Strut Mounts, my stock ones are making horrible noises with the new coils. They will be here next Tuesday. Once I put them in I will lower it some..

J-Dub1488

Ready to race!
installed my cherry led tails today! :)

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
Do you have any non-filtered shots of the cherry red on csg? Instagram shots screw color up so bad can't tell what they look like! Trying to decide what color myself...