GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DYI: MK6 Rear Badge Removal

arcboy2006

Go Kart Champion
I wanted to put up a tutorial since i couldn't seem to find one. This is a pretty easy job and i kind of figured it out based on others suggestions.

**NOTE*** yes my car is dirty and yes the plasti dip as well.

Leave your hatch locked as not to open it accidentally while trying to remove emblem.

The bottom of the hatch handle has a little hole that allows you to insert credit card in through there.

You don't need to apply a lot of pressure, work the credit card around the outer ring of the emblem be careful with the clips!

At this point the Badge should be almost completely remove which will allow you to use your fingers to completely remove now.

You are almost done, i used some Mineral Spirit to clean the badge surface and it came out super clean, the the new badge just pops back into place with ease.

allset

Go Kart Champion
so it snaps in, no adhesive?

allset

Go Kart Champion
did u plasti dip the back?

allset

Go Kart Champion
nvrmnd, just saw pic

allset

Go Kart Champion
wats better spray plasti dip or can liquid?

arcboy2006

Go Kart Champion
I like plasti dip since its removable not sure what can liquid is.

The new black emblem I purchased on eBay already black, now need to wait until my white inserts arrive.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
wats better spray plasti dip or can liquid?

If you're talking about spray on plasti dip vs a can of plasti dip. Spray is better for what we're doing. You only want a can if you literally want to either dunk something in it or if you want to paint on the plasti dip.

koinfamous2

Passed Driver's Ed
Hate to revive this thread, but I have done this method for the past half-hour using a card, funny enough, a Dave and Busters Power Card too. My card would not go in far at all, and put decent pressure and the corner snapped. I tried 3 more gift cards, all of which snapped...Don'y quite understand why they will not go in.

arcboy2006

Go Kart Champion
Hate to revive this thread, but I have done this method for the past half-hour using a card, funny enough, a Dave and Busters Power Card too. My card would not go in far at all, and put decent pressure and the corner snapped. I tried 3 more gift cards, all of which snapped...Don'y quite understand why they will not go in.

are you lifting?