GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Black Out Emblems and Orbit V3 Shift Knob

MichaelLegaspi

Ready to race!
Hey all, just got around to taking some pictures of my car.

What I have done are plastidipping the emblems, installing OSIR Orbit V3 Shift knob and boot and putting those awesome stickers on the unused buttons next to the ESP button.

My exhaust is the AWE Catback Exhaust with Diamond Oval tips if your wondering (see my thread in engine/exhaust/tunes under technical topics)

If you have any questions on installing any of these don't be afraid to ask :thumbsup:.

Enjoy :D

Attachments

• knob.jpg
    knob.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 4,612
  • emblem.JPG
    emblem.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 2,342
  • side.JPG
    side.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 2,342

MichaelLegaspi

Ready to race!
Haha yes it has the ricer lights and everything!

Install was very easy as it came prewired, and also had extra connections if I wanted to throw some defi gauges below the temp. console.

Its a great knob, sits lower than the stock one an is weighted at 250g which makes shifting a lot less labored an smooth.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
I need some tips/help removing my rear VW emblem. I've heard it is held on by a bunch of little plastic clips, but I worked on it for a while and just felt like I was going to break it.

siagolf

Ready to race!
i'm assuming the stock shift boot + knob comes right off once you remove the metal clip/ring that's holding it in place? what about the alu-trim piece -- does OSIR replace that with the new boot?

TDI110

O_o
lovin' the look and the decals for the buttons :thumbsup:, not too crazy about the shift knob, stock looks way better imho. Everything else looks good though!

MichaelLegaspi

Ready to race!
I need some tips/help removing my rear VW emblem. I've heard it is held on by a bunch of little plastic clips, but I worked on it for a while and just felt like I was going to break it.

I think your right, but I just painted the rear with it on the car still, lots of masking take and of course patience.

i'm assuming the stock shift boot + knob comes right off once you remove the metal clip/ring that's holding it in place? what about the alu-trim piece -- does OSIR replace that with the new boot?

The new boot inserts from inside the aluminum trim, the clip on the stock shift knob comes off with a plier or flat head screw driver. The stock shift knob is connected to the boot with a locking mechanism, also the stock shift boot has its own bracket that clips inside the aluminum trim. I would order the osir boot, because the stock boot doesn't work with the osir knob. Confusing I know, but if you do order it you'll get what I mean.

Will grab more picks of the knob with light on.

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
I like it! I can't really tell that the shifter is lower than stock but I don't think the light seems too bright.

Olaf the Golaf

Those stickers are awesome. Can i ask where you got them? Not sure i like the blacked out emblems, but the gear shift looks pretty schmick :w00t:

JerseyGTI1

Ready to race!
Hey mike how did you get that front emblem out? I've looked around at it and someone told me you just twist it sort of but I've messed with it and am to afraid to just give it a good pull and twist. Whats up with it, also what kind of paint did you use? because i want to paint mine but i've been hesitant since it is that plastic material with either shaving, cracking, and chipping of the paint.

MichaelLegaspi

Ready to race!
Hey mike how did you get that front emblem out? I've looked around at it and someone told me you just twist it sort of but I've messed with it and am to afraid to just give it a good pull and twist. Whats up with it, also what kind of paint did you use? because i want to paint mine but i've been hesitant since it is that plastic material with either shaving, cracking, and chipping of the paint.

After removing the grill I tried to do that too, but was also hesitant. I ended up putting masking tape and newspaper and sprayed it then and there.

I know you can get it off cleanly, but I haven't bothered/don't want to break it.

I used plastidip which you can find at lowes or home depot, its a spray on rubber that solidifies and can be removed if you decide you don't want it anymore and requires no sanding. It is a matte black though, if you want a glossy you'll have to sand it where removing the emblem is crucial so you don't mess up other parts of the grill.

Those stickers are awesome. Can i ask where you got them? Not sure i like the blacked out emblems, but the gear shift looks pretty schmick :w00t:

http://www.aestheticreations.net/vinylgraphicstickers.htm

Scroll all the way down to the bottom right.

I love blacked out emblems :p you never know till you try! Originally I was going to put the 20th Anni. GTI emblem, but then I realized I liked this much better.