GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Review - Helix Dual Function MK6 Golf/GTI LED Bulbs

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
Full Disclosure:
I bought these bulbs myself, I paid full price. I am not endorsing any business or anyone.

Intro:
I have a 2011 VW GTI. It has the sunroof/navigation package (right below the autobahn version at the time). I do not have the "LED" running lights that you see in the 2012+ models. I have the 194 "city lights".

I was looking for a DRL setup that did NOT use my HID bulbs. I did not want to modify any wiring and/or the bumper in any way. I wanted the DRLs to come on automatically with the car and for the car to consider them the actual "DRL", so they would turn off with the car.

Note: I do NOT have a "bulb out" warning in the dash -- these have built in resistors. You will need VCDS to turn off your HID bulbs and turn these on instead.

Unboxing:

Install:

Final Product:

Outside Shots:

Last edited:

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
nice write up.

now about the product..

seems like a great way to blind people.

It's really hard to take a picture of it at night so in that picture they look really bright but in reality my headlights are on with them at night. When they are on during the day they by no means "blind" anyone.

Nice review.
How long did u take to just open box ? Lol

about a minute

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
Very Nice....TOPS

Thanks

Looks cool but really...$150...

Yup. I was considering the product link below but as I said in the intro, I didn't want to modify outside the OEM arena.

http://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Dayti...359868700&sr=8-4&tag=asoh-20&keywords=mk6+drl

Looks great! Thx for the writeup . Do you have oem hids can you take a picutre with lows on and blinker activated?

I have OEM HID's with Philips 6000k bulbs. Since the LED white color is 6000k they match up great! I'll try and snap a pic for you.

Guessing these would be a PITA installing in a set of halogens..

I'm not entirely sure what that would require but *anything* is possible :)

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
I am confused, where is your blinker? Did you make the original blinker into the city light and turn the city light into a dual purpose blinker?

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
I am confused, where is your blinker? Did you make the original blinker into the city light and turn the city light into a dual purpose blinker?

I added a video to the top of the original post so you can fully understand what this "dual function" bulb really does.