GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Teaser: Testing GIAC's Extreme K04 File

Thomas@GIAC

Ready to race!

As many of you have already inquired about, we have been testing a new TSI K04 file dubbed "Extreme." Building on the already record-setting "High Output" K04 file, we have been experimenting with boost levels as high as 2 bar.

We recently had the chance to take the GTI to Sacramento Raceway to do some testing with this new file. As many customers would be running this file with street tires, all runs were completed using our typical Hankook RS3 tires. Even though these are some of the stickiest street tires you can find, they were no match for the amount of torque being put down by the GIAC Extreme file.

I was driving the GTI all day, and the tires were spinning the entire length of the quarter mile. After trying launch control once and finding the car engulfed in a cloud of traction-less smoke, I finished the remaining runs with gentle roll-outs. Even rolling out from idle, the car was consistently trapping 115-117 mph! For the majority of the runs, I was never able to reach full boost, as I was forced to constantly feather the throttle to maintain some degree of traction.

So just how much power is the Extreme file putting down? The numbers are pretty shocking to most :D

Modifications include:

GIAC Extreme K04 File
GIAC Stage 3 DSG Flash
AWE Tuning K04 Kit
AWE CCB Intake
BCS Automotive 3" Exhaust​

Here is a video of the car going down the quarter mile strip. As you can see, it simply isn't possible to go full throttle and maintain traction:

So now comes the age old question...when will this file be released? As of right now, we are still testing this file to find the right balance between performance, drivability and reliability. The file on our GTI was really something to see what a K04 TSI is capable of, and the power is unusable without drag slicks.

While this file might be a bit too much for most people's tastes, we will continue to test an Extreme K04 file to release to the public. Of course, we'll also be throwing some slicks on the GTI to see what it is truly capable of :thumbup:

Thanks for everyones support thus far, and keep an eye out for updates!

Last edited:

Turn8

Ready to race!
Nice!

Mike

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Are you guys still experimenting with how much boost the tune will run? Can you discuss it?

Thomas@GIAC

Ready to race!
Are you guys gonna have a new file for 91+meth?

The Race file is intended to be used with either 100 octane fuel or pump fuel with water-methanol injection. As such, you can utilize the High Output Race file with water-methanol injection, but we would also make such a combination for the Extreme file.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Wow Great Numbers GIAC!! thos numbers are like what a apr stage 3 car will do on 93oct!! tho a stage 3 on 104oct+meth will do better but duhh

Thomas@GIAC

Ready to race!
Are you guys still experimenting with how much boost the tune will run? Can you discuss it?

To be honest, I've driven the car on both 91 and 100 octane with these boost levels. Even on 91 octane (pump file), the car had serious traction issues. I imagine that the boost will be turned down slightly for both reliability and drivability reasons, but this will also allow for a bit more timing advance.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
To be honest, I've driven the car on both 91 and 100 octane with these boost levels. Even on 91 octane (pump file), the car had serious traction issues. I imagine that the boost will be turned down slightly for both reliability and drivability reasons, but this will also allow for a bit more timing advance.

I got it. 2 bar is 29 psi right? That's craziness. Nice work, that car looks fun as hell

drepai

Go Kart Champion
The Race file is intended to be used with either 100 octane fuel or pump fuel with water-methanol injection. As such, you can utilize the High Output Race file with water-methanol injection, but we would also make such a combination for the Extreme file.
Sweet. So glad I went with GIAC:w00t: