GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group buy: MK6 Golf/GTI Manual Headlight Leveling Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Group buy: MK6 Golf/GTI Manual Headlight Leveling Kit (for vehicles equipped with aftermarket headlights with leveling motors pre-installed in them on OEM halogen equipped MKVI Golf & GTI)

All HID Reps sold by edward@becautoparts.com have included motors pre-installed and are compatible with this kit.

This kit includes everything required to supply power to the leveling motors and control them with the included VW interior dimmer/headlight leveling control.

(1) Wiring harness with OEM connectors to deliver power and control from the vehicle’s headlight connectors and the included leveling switch to the headlights & motors. All connectors and pins are OEM which fit exactly the way they should.

(1) VW supplied interior dimmer/headlight leveling control. This replaces the single interior dimmer installed in the US Golf/GTI. The range is from - up to 3. “-“ is full down and “3” is full up. There is enough adjustment range that if you adjust a normal setting to 1.5, you’ll rarely go below 1 or above 2. The normal setting can be set with the hex head adjusters in the headlights.

(1) Installation guide – Guide will provide step by step instruction on installation with photos. All hardware for installation is included. Tools required to perform the installation are minimal. I will update this with the exact tools and more information in the near future.

How to Order:

I have partnered up with Tim here to get these leveling kits out to you.

Please email directly if you have questions, or like to place an order:

tnrst1@gmail.com

I am looking to supply 20 kits on the initial order and the price is going to be $235 per kit including shipping to addresses in the lower 48 states. Other addresses may contact me for a shipping quote.

If I cannot get 20 orders for the initial batch, I may have to increase the price and you will all be notified. You will have the option of withdrawing from the group buy. The lead time on some of the OEM components has been quoted as long as 9 weeks which I am going to try to have expedited.

Once there are pre-orders for at least 20 kits or the group buy is closed with whatever cost is agreed to, you will receive a PayPal invoice. Orders will be shipped in the order in which the invoice is paid. You will be provided with an updated lead time at this time as well.

Videos and a photo of the kit in action can be viewed here:

http://youtu.be/OSwOEYn48EY

http://youtu.be/i6CZAOEp3w4

Last edited:

tnrst1

Passed Driver's Ed
They are mostly plug and play. A wire needs run from new harness which attaches to the headlights, through the engine bay and back into the instrument cluster. A few pieces of trim need to be removed to swap out the dimmer/leveling rheostat but I wouldn't expect this to be much of a problem for anyone with proper instructions.

Exciting news! The expected lead time has been drastically reduced. Barring any unforeseen customs issues with the parts coming out of Germany, completed kits should be able to ship about 4 weeks after the group buy fills up.

The harnesses are being professionally wired & assembled in the USA so you can expect the workmanship to be top notch.

Last edited:

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
email sent

tatguy

What's the cost for Canadian customers?

zacman1955

Would this also work on a 2012 Golf R ? I bought the switch from ECS Tuning installed it and it does not move headlights up or down.
Thanks Paul Zaczkowski

tnrst1

Passed Driver's Ed
OEM bi-xenon cars are a completely different setup which is not covered by this group buy. This group buy is only for cars originally equipped with halogen headlights that have been upgraded to aftermarket projector headlights like the ones Ed sells.

I could probably figure out how to control a xenon vehicle but I do not have one to work on.

In North American Golfs, there is no way to manually control the headlights without the harness that is included in this group buy. Swapping out the switch does nothing. Right on ECS's page with the leveling switch it tells you, "Requires a custom harness to offer full functionality." You also need headlights with motors in them from edward@becautoparts.com or another source.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
OEM bi-xenon cars are a completely different setup which is not covered by this group buy. This group buy is only for cars originally equipped with halogen headlights that have been upgraded to aftermarket projector headlights like the ones Ed sells.

I could probably figure out how to control a xenon vehicle but I do not have one to work on.

In North American Golfs, there is no way to manually control the headlights without the harness that is included in this group buy. Swapping out the switch does nothing. Right on ECS's page with the leveling switch it tells you, "Requires a custom harness to offer full functionality." You also need headlights with motors in them from edward@becautoparts.com or another source.

The OEM xenons have the motors obviously so how hard could it be?

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
any updates

tnrst1

Passed Driver's Ed
The group buy is now up to 3. The quantity I'm looking for is being lowered to 10 units. Let's get a few more and I'll have enough to make fill an initial order!

Thank you to those who have ordered already.

Status
Not open for further replies.