GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Went to the Fladeboe*VW for warranty problems

Twistedgti

Ready to race!
So there was a laundry list of issues I needed to get checked before my extended warranty ends in a few thousand miles. I need yall to throw some input on some of it. The service folks were mediocre at best. Arguing with me over the phone when he called to let me know what was wrong and just generally a douch.
#1: Coolant level low (had to refill 4 times in 2 months, never had fluid leaking.)- they said not the water pump but the radiator. Replaced the radiator and rechecked the system. Will monitor and verify before warranty expires.
#2: Stumbling at partial, rough idle on start up until warm- They said carbon build up and required cleaning the intake and throttle body. Will do seafoam and go from there to full intake cleaning.
#3: Alignment was fubar (see suspension thread). They did an alignment check and have determined that there has been some suspension damage at some point (I bought the car at 58k and ive never hit anything). Will have to have suspension looked at professionally when I have money.
#4: Poor fuel mileage (see Finally validated thread)- after arguing with the service guy (andy) and chatting with the tech. They reset the setting but they dont use vagcom anymore. So I will have to figure something out.
#5: Noise left front when letting off the clutch. Intermittent noise, goes away after a few minutes driving. They couldnt dupliciate it but as I was leaving I heard it and got them to hear it so I will update as I get the car back. *edit* they are saying the noise is inside the transmission and not covered under warranty

Any advice on issues above?

Overall experience was good nice techs and douchy service advisor.

Last edited:

Coolicarboy

Ready to race!
For the valve cleaning you can Seafoam, but I don't think it'll clean it out as much as if you were to walnut blast it.

Twistedgti

Ready to race!
My car is my daily driver so its hard to take it outta commission and I have no idea where to get walnut blasting done

ncampos976

Ready to race!
1: probably a leaking coolant pump
2: probably carbon on the back of the valves
3:hard to say about alignment without driving it, what is the issue?
4:how bad is your fuel mileage? how much do you get on a full tank, using highest octane, i can get 400 miles on a single tank if i don't drive like a douche
5:a noise inside the tranny should be covered by warranty.

CobraKing

Ready to race!
#3 - Find a good shop in the area that does 4 wheel alignments. Dealer is probably more expensive.
#5 - Sounds like faulty transmission/throwout bearing squeal. There is a TSB out for this - do a search on 'TOB Squeal' in this forum.

Twistedgti

Ready to race!
#1: The dealership said it was the radiator causing the leaks and replaced the radiator and rechecked the system and said it was not the pump.
#2: I will be doing my own carbon cleaning.
#3: Ill need to have the suspension checked for damage because 2 sets of alignments(dealer and independent) say its way off and not susposed to be.
#4: Using 91 with 80% hwy driving at 70mph i cant break above 360 a tank.
#5: When I went to go talk with the dealership, I took a print out of the TSB, an invoice from the TOB Squeal thread and printed out about 150 pages of the TOB squeal thread and dropped it on the service advisors desk after he admitted that it sounded like the TOB and that it was not covered and there wasnt a TSB. Game changed after I said heres the TSB, an invoice, and 150 pages of people bitching about the same problem. That was saturday morning, they still have my car and will be calling VWoA to get authorization to repair/replace

Twistedgti

Ready to race!
Now the dealership is adamantly stating the tob is not warranty and even though its a tsb they dont have to fix it. Told them to lemme talk to the manager and explained as soon im off the phone with him im calling vwoa and posting on the forums and if need be drafting a letter to the local news about how poor the service is and how they wont fix and known problem and if necessary visit randomly to inform the sales customers of their refusal to fix and back their products. I was told that they would reach out to vwoa to try n fix it

oehawks3

Ready to race!
I'd call VWoA and they will do the talking to the dealership. That's pretty sad they would treat you like that. Sounds like a shitty deal.

Twistedgti

Ready to race!
I did call vwoa. I wasnt kidding. The dealership is 2 miles from my house, not a prob for me to drive by n stop to 10 minutes to let their customers know the real deal. Im a persistant vindictive son of a bitch

Twistedgti

Ready to race!
Well I am very satisfied with the folks at Fladeboe. It took some threats and a call to VWoA (but lets be honest, what doesnt when it comes to warranty repairs) and I just got the word that they will be replacing the clutch, pressure plate, tob and flywheel. Woohoo

zrickety

The Fixer
Why did they replace the flywheel and how is the car running now?

Avant

Ready to race!
I went to Fladeboe for the bad water pump issue and no problems and they gave me a rental car as well...

I'll keep an eye out for this thread if I have any more problems...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Twistedgti

Ready to race!
Sorry for delayed response. Car is great now. They replaced the flywheel because the TOB squeal is related to the TOB leaking oil on to the clutch and flywheel and creating hotspots.