GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vagcom both key fobs?

Velociraptor Thrust

Go Kart Champion
So I had my MK6 vagcomed recently. Had some basic stuff done, windows roll down, gauge sweep, etc. When attempting to use my second key fob (OEM) to roll the windows down nothing happens. I can use my original (meaning key with car when vaged & OEM) fob and it works. Was I supposed to bring both keys in to get vagcomed?

I searched, but like every car forum the search button brings tons of results that have nothing to do with what I searched :lol:

Anyone shed some light on this?

booey1979

Go Kart Champion
I heard its only tied to one remote. At least that's what the vag-com programmer told me.

Edit: I mean the roll down/up feature only works with one remote as was explained. It think the other features like guage sweep are fine and works regardless of remote.

Last edited:

Noob_2.0T

Go Kart Champion
Happened to me last week. I couldnt find my keys i usually use so i grabbed the second set and when I locked my car the horn did the whole hey you just locked your car so the neighbors know now thing

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Each key saves its own setting in the ecu, you need to change the settings with VAG-COM again.

I turned my DRLs when I had my motor when I used my spare key they were back on again so I turned them off again.

eduardot

Ready to race!
Each key saves its own setting in the ecu, you need to change the settings with VAG-COM again.

This.

You can also check a box somewhere (don't remember right now, could check later) that will make both keys work the same.

I personally think having separate settings is cool. One of my keys has horn beep on lock enabled, the other is disabled. The one that's enabled is always on my night stand so I can hit it to make sure the car is locked and get an audible confirmation (also helps me distinguish between my spare key and my wife's jetta spare key)

valeoray

Ready to race!
Its odd, some of the features work with both keys. ie the cornering lights.

I think what ever your key fob controls (such as windows and horn) will affect the features. The cornering lights are not controlled by your key fob.

nik

Go Kart Champion
There is a checkbox in vag com somewhere. I think mine was enabled. My mfd and staging work with all my keys. Not sure about the window and horn though.

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk