GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Ed's Golf 6 Replica OEM HID Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
August 19th Update

We are clearing out our remaining in stock headlights, we don't know if we plan to get any more in the future.

Option 1 - Golf R, or early GTI style, only 2 sets remaining at $400 a set shipped.
Option 3 - GTI-, all black style, only 2 sets at $425 a set shipped

To order, visit us at:

Check our website to order: www.becautoparts.com

Highlights

LED Controller issue has been resolved, so they wont turn off....it was a voltage issue with different LEDs that were being used.

We have a wire harness adapter so these headlights are more plug and play and to minimize any coding required. It is setup to work on the Option 3 and 4 headlights with the LEDs.

- LEDs will function as DRLs
- LEDs will stay on with the low beams
- issue with LEDs turning off is resolved.
- no need for coding to get these results

Coding will still need to be done if you want the foglights as your DRLs, or your want them disabled, etc.

Plus, we will have more options for HID kits, we will continue to offer the Morimoto Elite HID kit, as well as the good quality Hylux brand HID kits.

Thank you for your patience.

Ordering:

Visit my website at: www.becautoparts.com to order, or contact me and I can send you an invoice.

Coding:

Coding instructions are available for the regular Golf/TDI, GTI, and JSW models. Note, coding is different for each model, and can depend if you have fog lights, LED tails, etc.

Features:

• 10 pin headlight harness connectors, so no need for adapters.
  • HID projector has the E-Code beam pattern, provides a sharper cutoff than the North American DOT pattern
  • Uses D2H or H7 HID bulbs
  • LED Parking light
  • Turn signal bulbs are included (T20 size)
  • Easy plug and play

Options available.

Option 1 - Golf R, Chrome, non-LED

This version looks like the current Golf R Xenon headlights, as well as the 2010-11 GTI model.

Option 2 - Black, non-LED

This version has the "fins" in the front in black.

Option 3- Black, with 15 LEDs

This verions looks like the current GTI model with the LEDs, but has black "fins" instead of chrome.

Option 4- Chrome, with 15 LEDs

This version is like the 2011-2013 GTI model, chrome with 15 LEDs

Ordering:

Please order at my website at: www.becautoparts.com

Or pm me, or email me at: edward@becautoparts.com

Include a phone # for the shipping label.

Warranty

The one year warranty covers manufacturing defects such as leds burning out prematurely, or other factory defects. Does not cover improper installation, coding issues, physical damage, or environmental conditions as described below.

I have sold a large number of these headlights since last summer, with only minimal issues. The issues identified by customers were:

1. Some water leakage and condensation. Check and ensure the seal around the headlight lenses are good, add some exterior silicon around any gaps. Make sure all the rear covers are on tight. This can happen with any headlight, even with OEM headlights.

2. A very small number of customers have identified the outer UV protective layer starts to peel after a year or so. A check of the locations showed they were from a "hot climate" where it is hot and sunny almost all the time.
Add a layer of lamin-x to the lenses if you dont live in an area with four seasons will help prevent this. If you have to leave the car outside all the time, this is a good idea. Glare from windows, or other reflective surfaces can cause premature wear, etc.

This is not a problem unique to these headlights, a Google search on "peeling headlight lenses" will get you a large number of hits from people having this issue with stock OEM headlights, as well as aftermarket. There are a large number of
aftermarket headlight polishing products that can help if you have this problem.

3. Some customers said there is some light leakage from the side of the headlights. This probably wont bother most people, but if you want, you can use a small amount of tape, vinyl wrap, or plastic dip the area to prevent light from shining out.
It really wont be noticeable after the install.

4. Sometimes the lights get damaged in shipping, I will replace anything damaged in shipping at no charge.

5. When you turn on the high beams, and than turn them off, the high beam remains on. There is a resistor inside that is defective, I can send you a replacement. It is a 10 minute job to unplug and plug in the new one.

Last edited:

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Coding:

For the GTI:
for front fog as drl along with LED----

BYTE 18 - is 20
BYTE 14 - is 0B (check bit 1, bit 3)
BYTE 15 - is C4 (check bit 6, bit 7)
BYTE 24 - is E4 (check bit 7)
BYTE 27 - is 24 (check bit 2)

this is the following

LED DRL and FOG light DRL at the same time

to have JUST LED DRL:

same as above with this one exception:

BYTE 14 - is 09 (check bit 3

Quote from MMM.PWR

My setup:

-OEM LED tails w/o fog.
-Euro switch w/o Auto.
-Ed's OEM-like headlights w/ LEDs.
-TRS D2H: Morimoto Elite HID System (EliteD2H)
...Ballasts Morimoto 3Five (35w)
...Kelvin 6000K
...Wire Harness H7
...Wire Harness Type Standalone Can-Bus

Coding: byte 18 is 1F. DRLs are OFF (for the euro switch to work)

Function: LEDs are the parking lights. Meaning I have the flexibility of:
-LED + tails
-LED + tails + fogs
-LED + tails + fogs + low beams / high beams.

That's all I needed to code. No bulb out errors..

Basically, add the HID kit, and do some coding as per above, aim the lights and that is about it

For the Base Golf/TDI:

Just wanted to post my coding as it took a few tries to get there without throwing codes:

Goal: LED's and Fogs as DRL with no codes/errors and no resistors used.
Setup:
2010 Golf TDI
Switch: Original (non-Euro)
Ed's Option #4
Depo tails w/o fog
Front Fogs Installed

Final Coding:
67180A3E98242AC480080081700083C441012186534D8560E4 8020240000

Byte 18: Final was 21. I tried several including 20 but received errors on tails.
Byte 14: Final 83 but 03 works as well. Bit 3 (Bi-Xenon Headlights with Shutters Installed) needs to be unchecked. This was throwing errors until I unchecked this one. Low beams and high beams still work with this unchecked. It doesn't matter if you set this to 03 or 83 (which adds cornering for fogs) the cornering for fogs with this setup does not work.

You can try this as well:

Car: 2010 Golf TDI, OEM everything with foglights, previously had halogen headlights.

All in 09-Central Electronic:
Byte 27, Bit 2: Check the box to get rid of bulb out error caused by LED city lights.
Byte 19, Bit 0-3: Disabled bulb life time extensionr from the dropdown
Byte 15, Bit 7: "DRL via separate Lights active" unchecked to disable OEM DRL
Byte 14, Bit 1: Checked the box to enable DRL with fog lights
Byte 24: Dimmed the DRL to 80% (personal preference)

Result: Bulb out error eliminated, fog lights act as DRL, LED city lights remain off when DRL are on.

For the JSW:

there is no drop down setting for 45 on byte 18. It has to be entered manually in the long code. I see he has a sportwagen tell him to paste this longcode in central electronics this should fix it. Make sure to tell him to save his original code. Take care Erik
6F380E3F802F3EC4408800C1700000C44B00008E575D05F0E4802024A040

I'm in the Vagcom on byte 18 and 45 isn't an option, what's the trick?

Thanks

Sent from my handheld time waster.

For the Sportwagen,

To code the lights and have the DRL work properly byte 18 must be manually changed to 45 which is the Scandinavian DRL code.
If you need more details, let me know.

Installation:

Here is a video on removing the bumper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7-BV_Ny-30&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

wireless

Ready to race!
Are these sealed up with butyl to be retrofitted easily? I know the OEM projectors use E46 variants, which arent much better than garbage without a clear lens, but I'm wondering if these use E46 projectors as well. If so, I'll probably buy a kit & swap in some E46's w/ clear lenses..

allset

Go Kart Champion
Bump for great heads

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Are these sealed up with butyl to be retrofitted easily? I know the OEM projectors use E46 variants, which arent much better than garbage without a clear lens, but I'm wondering if these use E46 projectors as well. If so, I'll probably buy a kit & swap in some E46's w/ clear lenses..

Yes, you can bake the lenses off, so its easy to take them apart.

They use an aftermarket HID projector, if you want you can probably fit in some FX-R or other high quality aftermarket projectors if you want.

The beam pattern is not that bad actually. People say its at least comparable if not a better than the OEM Xenons.

If you want to go this route, pm me, I have 1-2 sets with some lenses that need to be replaced, I have replacement lenses. These are on sale at $450 a set for the LED version, and $400 for a Option 2 set (black, no leds). The Option 2 set had the projector pop out of its socket, and I've found it hard to push it back in. If you plan on dismantling it, than it should not be a problem for you.

Hey Ed! I have a couple questions.

First, do you know how big the projector lenses are? I'm considering replacing the projectors in my Option 4's with a set of FX-R's and I need to know what size the projectors are.

Second, do you happen to have a set of updated LED modules for these? Mine have faded, and the bottom LEDs are very dim compared to the ones on the side. I know they were updated after my run was sold to increase brightness and whiteness, so I figured I'd inquire before re-engineering them myself.

All said, I still love these lights. I had the original 10-LEDs, loved those too. Keep doing what you do! :thumbup:

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Hey Ed! I have a couple questions.

First, do you know how big the projector lenses are? I'm considering replacing the projectors in my Option 4's with a set of FX-R's and I need to know what size the projectors are.

Second, do you happen to have a set of updated LED modules for these? Mine have faded, and the bottom LEDs are very dim compared to the ones on the side. I know they were updated after my run was sold to increase brightness and whiteness, so I figured I'd inquire before re-engineering them myself.

All said, I still love these lights. I had the original 10-LEDs, loved those too. Keep doing what you do! :thumbup:

Thanks for your support. I can check with the factory to see if they are willing to sell just the LED components.

The projector is 3" in there.

nomoretickets

Ready to race!
hey, im looking into buying these in the next few weeks.

im a noob, what kind of hid kits are these compatible with?

edit: just saw the old thread, do these still come with the hid kit?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Great seller, great lights, had the chrome led ones for 6 months now and zero issues and incredible output. And looks 10x better than halogen too!

anthoj

Hi Ed, still waiting to hear whether you have right hand driver type headlights? I think you might have missed my post?

Thanks

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.