GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2Spec.com presents Carbon Fiber Interior Fabric Wrap (+DIY) - GTI MK6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys - some eye candy heading your way, so without further ado, we finished doing the MK6 trim in under an hour and a half today while dodging a few unexpected quirks and seriously "taking one for the MK6 team" on our left door.

We've got a DIY I'll be throwing up on this thread to detail the instructions so that anyone looking to do this wrapmod will know exactly how to do the door trim pieces and skip any consequential damage you might expect.

All interior shots are featuring the "Matte Black" fabric as found here.

Finished interior:

SPEEDOMETER

IGNITION

DRIVER SIDE

DRIVER SIDE 2

Stock

DRIVER 3

Stock 2

---

Page 1/8

Page 2/8

Page 3/8

Page 4/8

Page 5/8

Page 6/8

Page 7/8

Page 8/8. Finished!

For a more concise and downloadable PDF version of this DIY, please visit P2Spec.com's DIY section, here.

Last edited:

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Nice! I like the way it makes the GTI interior look a little more serious/subdued.

Not that it wasn't before... ;)

Merelington

Ready to race!
I like the subtlety of the matt black fiber...was never really a carbon fiber fan but very nice.

On another note, I never noticed how nice the stock gti trim was. Is this an american or european version...I don't remember the canadian ones looking like that. Also, where can I buy them (dealership aside)?

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Nice! I like the way it makes the GTI interior look a little more serious/subdued.

Not that it wasn't before... ;)
Thank you! Trust me, by us doing figuring all this out it bypasses many aches and pains that any locals might have with installs (SoCal please ask us for help, we'll figure something out). I'm a huge fan of how it turned out.

Are p2spec and pyspeed related? Their websites most certainly appear to be :p
Hm wow, believe me you could say the same about Project-808.com or Rennspec's :/... popular storefront software. Shameless plug, I know, but please support your site sponsors? We're a living breathing warehouse in the heart of Tustin!

Where did you get that GTI Keychain. I must have one of these!
Came with the keys...? :)

I like the subtlety of the matt black fiber...was never really a carbon fiber fan but very nice.

On another note, I never noticed how nice the stock gti trim was. Is this an american or european version...I don't remember the canadian ones looking like that. Also, where can I buy them (dealership aside)?
That my friend I have no clue on. Ours is a US MK6. There are a few modfications someone has to be brave through if you're looking to do a swap or wrap, which is why a DIY really has to arise from all this LOL. Thanks for the compliment!

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
I would like to add that with ONE (1) square yard of this stuff that goes for $35 (shipped for this month) you can do so much of the interior on the MK6 it's not even funny. We'll be doing a few more subtle interior pieces next.

jayczer0one

Ready to race!
CF fabric vs. 3m CF vinyl

Hi, Im very much interested on doing the CF look trim! This is good stuff!

I would like to know whats the difference of thi CF fabric compared to the CF 3m vinyl material. In the following aspects: feel, durability, and most importantly the installation and fit. I saw some vids and guides on the 3m vinyl and the installation looks manageable since its aided by a heat gun and the vinyl material is easily stretched out. How about the cf fabric?

I see in your website that you are also selling the 3m cf vinyl. Ive yet to decide which material to go with.

On your upcoming DIY, pictures of the removal of the trim pieces would be really much appreaciated. Im planning to do the whole dashboard trim as well as the strip in the door panel.

Thanks! Looking forward to getting this as I've seen how good the cf trim looks in our cars (seen it with one of the forum members here, "SIAGOLF"-thanks for the inspiration).

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Hi, Im very much interested on doing the CF look trim! This is good stuff!

I would like to know whats the difference of thi CF fabric compared to the CF 3m vinyl material. In the following aspects: feel, durability, and most importantly the installation and fit. I saw some vids and guides on the 3m vinyl and the installation looks manageable since its aided by a heat gun and the vinyl material is easily stretched out. How about the cf fabric?
-

I see in your website that you are also selling the 3m cf vinyl. Ive yet to decide which material to go with.

On your upcoming DIY, pictures of the removal of the trim pieces would be really much appreaciated. Im planning to do the whole dashboard trim as well as the strip in the door panel.

Thanks! Looking forward to getting this as I've seen how good the cf trim looks in our cars (seen it with one of the forum members here, "SIAGOLF"-thanks for the inspiration).

Well I completely commend siagolf with his installation of 3M-DiNoc but in our experience and continuous recommendation, on interior products the Carbon Fiber fabric is quite a bit more workable in an interior application. Think of the curvy edges with vinyl installation versus a piece of cloth.

The fabric is not 'flat' either, it's texturized. You're in West Covina? If you make the trip down this weekend, I think Panda and I are doing a small shoot. I'll show you how it all works and heck, better explained in person anyway?

In any case, YGPM!

B

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
I like how that turned out... Looks very OEM.

I've seen texturized CF wrap like this in person and it looks really good.

I think I even saw an iPhone case wrapped on this... Very convincing!!!

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
The problem with the DiNoc is if you stretch it too far, it just turns into black vinyl. I got a sample and did some torture-testing with it -- It is a nice material, but a little thick for wrapping anything too complex. (I did my rear emblem with it, then removed it.)

It'll stretch, but not shrink.

I haven't tried the Neffy or Pyspeed stuff yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.