GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vinyl Roof Wrap in Canberra, Australia

Olaf the Golaf

Sorry if this is repeating other topics, did a bunch of searches and didn't come up with anything...

i'm wanting to get the roof of my golf wrapped in gloss black (the car is white and i'm not really interested in other colours...), but i'm having concerns about the heat and sun in canberra.... in summer, along with being incredibly sunny, we regularly get days over 40 degrees celcius, sometimes over 45 (more and more frequently...), and my car is parked outside all day while i'm at work (trying to garage it the rest of the time but not always possible... winter can be pretty harsh, last year we had a day (unusual admittedly) with a max of 3.5 celcius.

is getting it wrapped in heat absorbing black a bad idea? i'm assuming it will shorten the lifespan of the vinyl as well to have it exposed to relatively harsh conditions... Opinions?

Cheers in advance!

Karyn

MK6 DSWEEE

Ready to race!
its hot here in ilm too and i have my ruf done and it has stood up fine and i wash my car 3 times a week and wax once a month and it seems to do fine, no color fade or bubbles

MK6 DSWEEE

Ready to race!

Olaf the Golaf

Yeah, when i saw this photo a while back it's what decided my mind... lol. my spoiler is smaller, i was considering getting a bigger clip on one, but i think they're just too expensive for what they are...

the other thing i'm wondering, i know they all say that this stuff will peel straight off, but after 5-6 years when it needs replacing, will there be damage/deterioration to the paint underneath?

CadMan

Ready to race!
Aaahhh man! every time I see that photo I want to do that more and more.
MK6 DSWEEE thats sick and gloss black FTW!

Olaf the Golaf

Alright, been quoted $AU350 to get it done.

I think i might just go for it :) they didn't seem to think there would be an issue...