GOLFMKV

CO Fanatics Meet - Weekends on Ken Caryl Avenue

Evo Panda

Passed Driver's Ed
**CO Fanatics Meet** NEXT MEET: 6/14/2014

NEXT MEET: Saturday, 6/14 @ 1PM

Pics from last meet (courtesty of Stefan Rodriguez):

---​

I never post here, just lurk around, but I figured I should make my first post something worthwhile!

Over on E46Fanatics.com, we've got the same problem as here with the Rocky Mountains region - a good amount of enthusiasts, but not much activity. :thumbdown:

So we're trying to get a recurring Euro meet going! :thumbup: People over on bimmerforums.com used to do meets near the Sonic off of Ken Caryl Avenue, so we figure we should start them up again...

Here's where we'll be meeting:

It's the RTD Park-and-Ride parking lot. We switched to there because the Safeway parking lot wasn't big enough.

This post gets updated constantly - keep checking back to see updates on the meets.

Last edited:

Evo Panda

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry for the double post, but my photographer backed out. We still have a few people coming though this Sunday, and this meet will turn into a monthly meet instead of weekly afterwards (and my photographer will be able to make it out more - he does great work for free).

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Awesome idea.

I just moved here from CA a couple months ago. We had some pretty regular small group get togethers, and some occasional larger meets out there. I noticed this region has always been a lot less active. :)

That's not going to work for me. I like to hang out. Come April, some of you guys BETTER be up for accompanying me to some track days too. ;) Only thing I miss about CA....the Feb-Nov track schedule....LMAO

Can't make it this weekend, already have plans.....and the GTI is not legal here yet (CA reg expired the month I moved and CO wouldn't let me register until I have been here 90 days or got a job lol). I could bring the Jetta, but seems a waste. Course, weather would have to be nice to bring the GTI out as well, she doesn't "do" snow. :D

You looking at trying to get this off the ground for a once a month event?

Evo Panda

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah on E46Fanatics some people were wanting to do an Autocross day or Track day... Once this becomes a regular (or at least somewhat well-known) meet we'll start branching out to different locations, cruises, track days, etc...

And every now and then I'll bring out the GTI for these meets, but I'll usually be in my E46... which is better in the snow with snow tires lol

Edit: Yep I'm going to try to get this going as a monthly event. Weekly probably won't work out too well, but we'll see..

Last edited:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
So if the roads clear up and the weather gets better tomorrow, we can still do the meet. If not, it'll be moved to next Saturday or Sunday depending on which works best for people!

Yeah, woke up this morning and laughed.....looks like about 2-3" up here. :D

I gotta work next weekend so that's out.

Next month......

Bowthewow

Ready to race!
I am willing to come with a bud of mine which has an e46. I've got my gti of course

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Hey, how anal are cops out here? Would they say pull me over for my expired out of state tags? LOL

I got out of work on Saturday, but no way I can get the GTI legal here before this weekend.

Evo Panda

Passed Driver's Ed
I am willing to come with a bud of mine which has an e46. I've got my gti of course

Sweet!

Hey, how anal are cops out here? Would they say pull me over for my expired out of state tags? LOL

I got out of work on Saturday, but no way I can get the GTI legal here before this weekend.

I've only had nice experiences with the cops around my area. It seems they are pretty relaxed about things, there are a ton of people without a front plate that have never gotten pulled over. But idk how they would handle expired tags... Bring your Jetta! We won't care, my friend might bring his completely stock Mk5 golf with no options whatsoever lol.

I'll be getting the Safeway manager's written consent for letting us use the parking lot just in case too.

Does 12PM or 1PM work better for you guys?