GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The damage is done...

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Well, today I finished giving my Carbon Steel a nice shine with some natural wax after a three stage wash. I was very tired after all this, and I was trying to back out of my driveway (with 1.5 ft of clearance on each side between my house and a rockwall). My mind wasn't in the right place after having my car in a different position from what I'm used to, and I backed into my house...

SO, now I need recommendations on what bumper [and possibly tail lights] I should put on with the insurance money.

I was going to spend some cash on an APR tune, but I won't be able to after my $500 deductible, so I want to make the best of what I can.

Last edited:

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
Well, today I finished giving my Carbon Steel a nice shine with some natural wax after a three stage wash. I was very tired after all this, and I was trying to back out of my driveway (with 1.5 ft of clearance on each side between my house and a rockwall). My mind wasn't in the right place after having my car in a different position from what I'm used to, and I backed into my house...

SO, now I need recommendations on what bumper [and possibly tail lights] I should put on with the insurance money.

I was going to spend some cash on an APR tune, but I won't be able to after my $500 deductible, so I want to make the best of what I can.

Im in the same boat my car is all fd up.IMO anything besides an R rear bumper is gonna look pretty weird with stock skirts and front bumper.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
From what it appears I would say screw the Ins claim try to get that fix yourself... Unless you did damage to the body... You might spend a lil more than 500 bux but insurance company will make that accident at your fault and most likely raise your rates for the next 3 years...JMO

oSniper

Ready to race!
i know how you feel man
the past 2 days i've been spending a bunch of time cleaning, claying and waxing my car
in the middle of waxing i ended up busting my phone and denting the car at the same time.... kinda hard to explain what happened
i know its not as bad but yeah

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Terrible news =(. In the meantime, at least do try what iGTi suggests, and of course if patience runs out, try something new?

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
From what it appears I would say screw the Ins claim try to get that fix yourself... Unless you did damage to the body... You might spend a lil more than 500 bux but insurance company will make that accident at your fault and most likely raise your rates for the next 3 years...JMO

Rates won't get raised that's a no fault accident and there wasent another driver involved.

Shimino

Ready to race!
You can get your bumper resprayed for like $200. (At least here in Houston). And the taillight? Well... If you are trying to save money, leave it like that.

If not, call your insurance, take it to the best shop you know, come up with $500 and (depending on your insurance company) prepare for a higher premium next renewal.

Shimino

Ready to race!
Rates won't get raised that's a no fault accident and there wasent another driver involved.

So... Are you saying the house was at fault? (claim it to the home owners insurance then)

Of course HE is at fault. Insurance will not find you AT FAULT if they can get back their money from someone else.

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
I'd just skip the insurance and fix the stock bumper(doesn't look so bad in the pic but I could be wrong). That Revozport rear is a bit agressive with those vents compared to the rest of a stock car IMO. If you ever plan on getting LED taillights I'd just leave your stock ones as is.

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
So... Are you saying the house was at fault? (claim it to the home owners insurance then)

Of course HE is at fault. Insurance will not find you AT FAULT if they can get back their money from someone else.

I didn't say it wasent Someones fault that's just what the insurance will likely call it. I backed into the garage door with my jeep my rates didn't go up and besides that with most insurance unless damages are above 1500 your rate won't go up.

Last edited:

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
I'd just skip the insurance and fix the stock bumper(doesn't look so bad in the pic but I could be wrong). That Revozport rear is a bit agressive with those vents compared to the rest of a stock car IMO. If you ever plan on getting LED taillights I'd just leave your stock ones as is.

The rear vents match the stock front vents IMO.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Terrible news =(. In the meantime, at least do try what iGTi suggests, and of course if patience runs out, try something new?

There is body damage too :iono:
That small portion of the bumper that touches the fender pulled off about a centimeter.

i know how you feel man
the past 2 days i've been spending a bunch of time cleaning, claying and waxing my car
in the middle of waxing i ended up busting my phone and denting the car at the same time.... kinda hard to explain what happened
i know its not as bad but yeah

Worse feeling in the world...

You can get your bumper resprayed for like $200. (At least here in Houston). And the taillight? Well... If you are trying to save money, leave it like that.

If not, call your insurance, take it to the best shop you know, come up with $500 and (depending on your insurance company) prepare for a higher premium next renewal.

I already filed a claim. I wish it was just the paint that scratched, but the tail light cracked on the bottom and a small portion of the bumper was pulled off.

The rear vents match the stock front vents IMO.

I'm lovin' the support ;)
Depending on how much the OEM bumper costs, I might try this one out.
I still need more opinions! The vents wouldn't be as bluntly visible just because I have a darker colored vehicle and the vents would somewhat blend in, from what I can see.