GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Abandoned GTI in Dubai

ice2seeyou

Ready to race!
Xj220! Wtf dubai.... Stop going broke and destroying these beautiful cars.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt

rasetsu

Ready to race!
For cars like the XJ220 and Enzo, you'd think Jag and Ferrari would be interested in getting them back.

sijray21

Go Kart Newbie
Omg...an F40 (if real), an XJ, and an enzo.....why not seize and resell?....:faint:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
This is sad... Excess at its finest.

It certainly is mind-bottling.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Is there anything stopping people from going there with a cargo plain/ boat and collecting these cars? I feel like I could just take one and no one would notice that it went missing...

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Is there anything stopping people from going there with a cargo plain/ boat and collecting these cars? I feel like I could just take one and no one would notice that it went missing...

Nothing at all.

But if you were caught I believe you'd lose your left hand... or is it the right?

Chopped off with a sword IIRC.

That is enough to stop me!

koko58691

Ready to race!
Interesting article. Kinda like people abandoning their homes here in the US when they can't pay for them. Perfectly good property going to waste....

In the US, all you need is $14. I recently read an article in the paper about a man in Texas that just moved into some million dollar abandoned house.
He filed the paper so he was fine. Basically the gist is the banks would rather have someone in the home. Mowing grass, keeping animals out, water running, etc than have a house just sit and rot until the paperwork gets figured out and someone buys it.

I'm sure there's a way to claim these cars. Especially in the middle east. Just may cost you a few extra dollars to make it worthwhile to someone in the paperwork process.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
In the US, all you need is $14. I recently read an article in the paper about a man in Texas that just moved into some million dollar abandoned house.
He filed the paper so he was fine. Basically the gist is the banks would rather have someone in the home. Mowing grass, keeping animals out, water running, etc than have a house just sit and rot until the paperwork gets figured out and someone buys it.

I'm sure there's a way to claim these cars. Especially in the middle east. Just may cost you a few extra dollars to make it worthwhile to someone in the paperwork process.

I saw that on the news the other night. Turns out what the guy was doing was not legal and was kicked out of the house and given a notice to appear in court for it.

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
I saw that on the news the other night. Turns out what the guy was doing was not legal and was kicked out of the house and given a notice to appear in court for it.

there's always adverse possession. basically just have the balls to take it and pretend its yours long enough publicly and it will be, works for either the house or a car (theoretically - you'd most likely always get called out on it like that dude).

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
it really is not defferent that some defaulting on their mortgage.. things are not all shiny and new in dubai.. sometimes things don't just work out for people who go there to work, and they figure it it is better to cut your loses and leave then to try and sell everything to pay off debts.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
An enzo....geez, whats funny though...they aren't completely smashed or broken into - I feel like if you even left your GTI on the street for longer than a few days in Chicago, you can get someone either a.) broke into it b.) Key or bash it just because it looks nice c.) Drunk driver slam into it and drive away

Seriously!

FALLENGTi

Passed Driver's Ed
this just kills me. i'd take that audi and that mk5 gti anyday. also that r34. who the heck would abandon those!

ahhduma

Ready to race!
Nothing at all.

But if you were caught I believe you'd lose your left hand... or is it the right?

Chopped off with a sword IIRC.

That is enough to stop me!

good!

much fewer petty theft in the middle east than in the west, to many people's surprise