GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off Topic Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTIJenn1

Go Kart Champion
Moving back home today.

Packed the GTI to the brim with my crap. Said goodbye to my now ex boyfriend this morning. Got in my car and started my 9 hour trek home.

As excited as I am about starting something new, I'm heartbroken about leaving that life (and that security) behind. College and the friends I made there have been so good to me, it really hurts to venture into the unknown.

BUT life goes on. Have some job prospects (though they aren't jobs I want) and have a good support system by way of family and friends :)

In either news, scheduled my 10k service for tomorrow at 11am. What should I expect from them other than an oil change?

balius

Go Kart Champion
What is the difference?

Probably overhand vs underhand, but I refer to underhand ones as chin ups, so not sure if that's what he meant..

balius

Go Kart Champion
What happened with the BF Jenn? Did I miss a post? Last I saw you post about him, things seemed fine..

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
NEEK BROKE UP WITH JENN?!? DAFUQ... I'M GONNA BEAT THAT CHIN-UP DOING AZZN.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Probably overhand vs underhand, but I refer to underhand ones as chin ups, so not sure if that's what he meant..

Same, I always thought that "chin-up" = underhand and "pull-up = overhand" though I actually do them with my hands turned 90 degrees these days, whatever you call that. Used to be able to do around 30 overhand 10 years ago, now I'm out of shape and can only do 10-15.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Damn, by the end of the day I'm so tired of reading about other people's problems (at work). Fantastic weather is not helping to keep me at work either. Time to sneak out early, NFG!

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Moving back home today.

Packed the GTI to the brim with my crap. Said goodbye to my now ex boyfriend this morning. Got in my car and started my 9 hour trek home.

As excited as I am about starting something new, I'm heartbroken about leaving that life (and that security) behind. College and the friends I made there have been so good to me, it really hurts to venture into the unknown.

BUT life goes on. Have some job prospects (though they aren't jobs I want) and have a good support system by way of family and friends :)

In either news, scheduled my 10k service for tomorrow at 11am. What should I expect from them other than an oil change?

and the freedom begins for you, i just finished my last final today and i feel free :laugh: even though i still got few semesters to go. about the 10k, you should also expect tire rotation

balius

Go Kart Champion
Same, I always thought that "chin-up" = underhand and "pull-up = overhand" though I actually do them with my hands turned 90 degrees these days, whatever you call that. Used to be able to do around 30 overhand 10 years ago, now I'm out of shape and can only do 10-15.

Like palms facing each other? I like doing them like that too. Feels better than overhand on my shoulders, and better than underhand on my elbows.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
This woman is in her 60s at least, amazing body, and way more flexible than me. I need more yoga....

babe, you're amazing just the way you are :thumbsup: :wub:

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Like palms facing each other? I like doing them like that too. Feels better than overhand on my shoulders, and better than underhand on my elbows.

Yeah I have bad wrists and it is easier on them to do it with the wrists in a neutral position, overhand and underhand both are done with the wrists twisted 90 degrees away from neutral.

I have to do pushups on my fists for the same reason, it kills my wrists to do them the normal way. Someone gave me those "Perfect Pushup" things this winter and those seem to work too without the carpet-burns-on-knuckles that result from using fists :lol:

dubessa

Go Kart Champion
Lol my kitty passed out on me

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
i put my boost hose back on but its most likely gonna fall off again cuz the oem metal wire clamp thing is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.