Off Topic Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion

09vdubgti

Banned
Did you bring them home with you??

Yes I did. Talked with the owner himself, in person. He explained to me the reason why they weren't done. According to him, the chemical fumes released by the plating process is pretty harmful, it's fine to work with, with proper safety equipment but he said with this heat wave we've been having it wasn't fully safe for his workers to be in the shop to long.

He did however give them a polish, which didn't do much but also clear coated them. He didn't charge me anything for the bolts. As for the wheel barrel and lips, holy $h1t it looks like it just came out of the factory.

And guess what, he didn't charge me anything for it either!!! He said, you know what, just take it, dont worry about it i seriously thank you for your patience. And he gave me a free shirt. He asked me to come back within a few weeks and to drop off my bolts again. Then we made a deal on doing a complete restoration on the complete set of wheels.

I'm bummed the bolts weren't finished but really happy with the outcome.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Yes I did. Talked with the owner himself, in person. He explained to me the reason why they weren't done. According to him, the chemical fumes released by the plating process is pretty harmful, it's fine to work with, with proper safety equipment but he said with this heat wave we've been having it wasn't fully safe for his workers to be in the shop to long.

He did however give them a polish, which didn't do much but also clear coated them. He didn't charge me anything for the bolts. As for the wheel barrel and lips, holy $h1t it looks like it just came out of the factory.

And guess what, he didn't charge me anything for it either!!! He said, you know what, just take it, dont worry about it i seriously thank you for your patience. And he gave me a free shirt. He asked me to come back within a few weeks and to drop off my bolts again. Then we made a deal on doing a complete restoration on the complete set of wheels.

Sounds like a good guy, a lot of small businesses these days are terrible.

Sent from S4 in my S4

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion

Damn that sucks that they weren't done but that's a great owner not only looking out for his customers but also his employees

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Status
Not open for further replies.