GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5.0 Mustangs...

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
I'll tell you guys my car (Base/Track/Recaro) was $38k when it's all said and done. Could have had a more luxurious car for the money but the Mustang is not lacking in the comfort department and the performance is off the hook. It has a few areas that should be addressed for the driver who wants to really push the car to it's limits often, for instance I've swapped the brake/clutch pedal assembly over from the GT500 for a firmer clutch pedal with better hydraulic operation, a short shifter and 2 post shifter bracket goes in this week to fix with shifter slop at high RPM, along with a stainless clutch line and the Ford Racing/GT500 axle back mufflers. I already have a mild tune, should be in the neighborhood of 375rwhp. Driving it you're reminded it's a small, high revving V8. The torque is always there with the 3.73's but it really sings up top. The 1st to 4th skip shift solenoid isn't present in the '14 models but I still make that shift all day long. It loves to scoot around at/below 2k rpm. Go drive one if you haven't, the 5.0 is a gem.

I love my 5.0 but I'm selling mine this week. Great car. They are blowing them out now before the 15 comes out. My buddy picked up a base GT with 3.73s for 24,750. How can you beat that for 420hp?

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Trade for a 15 WRX...the STi has the old motor

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
I keep going back and forth for trading for 15 5.0, 15 STI, or modding my WRX. Decisions decisions

I'm going for the 5.0 even though I would like to be able to go to the dealership and drive away tonight.

I waited only a couple days shy of 4 months from the time I placed my order until I got delivery of my C7. So by this reasoning waiting roughly 6 weeks until the Mustangs start showing up shouldn't be that bad, but I am feeling the urge to get something "now".

I have a refundable deposit and order in on a GT, but the way Ford works they actually build the sold orders after the initial dealer inventory, so I will most likely buy one off the dealer lot first, if I can find one I like.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Dtraill:

Just for relevance.

Get the Rex haha

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to guess the STI is not stock.....

Still. That should not happen. I have a buddy with a 13 WRX that had the famous ringland problem just last month. So ridiculous. His IS stock too.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
I got a spun bearing on a stage 1 tune when I didn't even know how to drive the car hard lol (bought it used). Ringland at stage 2...it's poo

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
What's the plan? You're getting rid of a lot of toys.

Well...honestly...after having my back broken in December of 2010 at work I've been finding it harder and harder to just get in and out of a low car, or ride a motorcycle. Even at work I switched to a Tahoe full time due to the issues I had getting in and out of an Impala all day. After 10 to 12 hours at work, I really wasn't looking forward to driving the Mustang around every day. A few months ago I decided to consolidate and get a better daily, I just didn't know what I wanted to get. I was looking between an ML350 BlueTec, Touareg TDI, X5 35d, and Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel, and finally after driving and researching them all extensively I decided to ditch the GT and the Tacoma today for a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited. It will make towing the boats a lot easier then using the Taco, plus as a DD, getting 25mpg mixed driving is pretty amazing. I can't believe I didn't get an SUV sooner. Quick pics to not thread jack.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Well...honestly...after having my back broken in December of 2010 at work I've been finding it harder and harder to just get in and out of a low car, or ride a motorcycle. Even at work I switched to a Tahoe full time due to the issues I had getting in and out of an Impala all day. After 10 to 12 hours at work, I really wasn't looking forward to driving the Mustang around every day. A few months ago I decided to consolidate and get a better daily, I just didn't know what I wanted to get. I was looking between an ML350 BlueTec, Touareg TDI, X5 35d, and Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel, and finally after driving and researching them all extensively I decided to ditch the GT and the Tacoma today for a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited. It will make towing the boats a lot easier then using the Taco, plus as a DD, getting 25mpg mixed driving is pretty amazing. I can't believe I didn't get an SUV sooner. Quick pics to not thread jack.

I've been loving the new gc's lately, my dad is actually considering trading his expedition el to a gc srt8 in couple years, which i recommended :laugh:

congrats!

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
I've been loving the new gc's lately, my dad is actually considering trading his expedition el to a gc srt8 in couple years, which i recommended :laugh:

congrats!

Thanks man. I didn't even want to be tempted with the SRT8 so I didn't even drive it, but it's a monster.

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
Thanks man. I didn't even want to be tempted with the SRT8 so I didn't even drive it, but it's a monster.

Did you get the Eco Diesel? The more I look at the new GC's, the more I'm gonna wait another year or so and try to pick one up. Just unsure of the motor choice yet.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
I took one on a test drive and ended up leaving with it.

If you test drive one you will buy one as evidence by Andy.

I did this too....

then i lost my ass on it and got another VW. 15 mpg, small interior with big car feel, and too much...of everything to use on the road get old pretty quick.

It'd be a great weekend car.