GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

torga

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Most of them are wrong. If there's mayo in it, it's not aioli

Just like if there's no clutch, then it's not a real car?

torga

Autocross Champion
Most of them are wrong. If there's mayo in it, it's not aioli
While I agree that buying Hellman's and adding pepper to it is not aioli, I'm not above calling an oil/egg emulsion "aioli", as long as it was made from scratch to include garlic, truffle oil, or whatever else. That's what I meant by "extra step" -- not literally squeezing a mayo packet into some hot sauce and calling it aioli.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Just like if there's no clutch, then it's not a real car?
Finally, you get it.
While I agree that buying Hellman's and adding pepper to it is not aioli, I'm not above calling an oil/egg emulsion "aioli", as long as it was made from scratch to include garlic, truffle oil, or whatever else. That's what I meant by "extra step" -- not literally squeezing a mayo packet into some hot sauce and calling it aioli.
go back to horny jail

torga

Autocross Champion
I was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking about banana bread. Someone baked a loaf with a super secret ingredient and everyone loved it.

The secret ingredient for awesome banana bread?

Yup, seriously.
What the fuck.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking about banana bread. Someone baked a loaf with a super secret ingredient and everyone loved it.

The secret ingredient for awesome banana bread?

Yup, seriously.

What the fuck.

They're literally just replacing the butter\oil & eggs with mayonnaise. Tomato tomato.

torga

Autocross Champion
They're literally just replacing the butter\oil & eggs with mayonnaise. Tomato tomato.
But it's not just that, there's also seasonings and whatnot inside the mayo.

It's like subbing salted/seasoned butter in place of unsalted butter. That's a no-no.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
this ok tho?
1614708095336.png

torga

Autocross Champion
Aioli is mayo that spend time in a hipster's beard.
When I worked at a liquor store long ago, we stocked a beer that was made with yeast that was grown/cultivated within the head brewer's beard. He had one of those bushy, mountain man beards.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion