GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Rice Buys A Minivan

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
are we still talking MPG here? lol
I never understood not talking about it.

I'm getting 30mpg from a 3100 lb, 300 hp car. It's insane that other manufacturers can't do that routinely. Looking at you, Subaru.

Averaging 12 to 15 mpg at 300hp or less should be fucking embarrassing. Even the WRX, with FA20DIT and FA24DIT, suck when it comes to gas mileage, and they're sub 300hp.

Consuming more gas to make less power should be ridiculed and made fun of.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
agree 100%. I love getting 30's while also having a fun quick car.

also, man, cheap 90's shitboxes were great at the MPG game

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
I never understood not talking about it.

I'm getting 30mpg from a 3100 lb, 300 hp cat. It's insane that other manufacturers can't do that routinely. Looking at you, Subaru.

Averaging 12 to 15 mpg at 300hp or less should be fucking embarrassing. Even the WRX, with FA20DIT and FA24DIT, suck when it comes to gas mileage, and they're sub 300hp.

Consuming more gas to make less power should be ridiculed and made fun of.

that's a fat-ass, fast-ass cat

really though, I partially agree. I don't think there's any reason to excuse garbage fuel economy if it's not accompanied by insane power. But at the same time, capability is a thing to consider. The Subaru suffers in MPG due to it's AWD system, correct? I'll even go as far as to say that not all AWD systems are created equal, and I'm the last one to defend Subaru from anything ever.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
If they fit mk6 wheels I'll paypal you $3 plus shipping.
Your money is no good here. And not in the "you can have stuff for free" way, I mean that no one accepts rickety bucks and you can buy things from us after you honor your debts with real money.

Reactions: WAP

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I told them the golf forums had a message for them.
1679412885501.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
@Corprin appears to MIA.

I imagine something like this happened after he noticed his center caps missing.

"I may not have my center caps anymore..."

taken-set.gif

i-will-find-you-i-will-kill-you.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I wish the turbo blue actually showed up in pictures the way it looks in person. lol
It's always way blown out in pictures. It hardly ever looks that light of a blue. It's usually a bit darker than that.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
CSB: under good troubleshooting to fix a problem of my own making

I did the plugs in the Comet...a royal PITA. LT headers really block access to the plugs. I finally get it done and start it. It sounds a bit off but it is cammed and already has a car shaking idle. A bit of gas and I get some popping/backfires. Shut it off (maybe 30 seconds) and go to check if I have a plug wire off. In checking them I notice cyl's 1/3 don't have any heat in the header tubes....double check and yep I mis-wired it. the using temp to figure out my error kinda made me proud.

torga

Autocross Champion
I wish the turbo blue actually showed up in pictures the way it looks in person. lol
It's always way blown out in pictures. It hardly ever looks that light of a blue. It's usually a bit darker than that.

if you're ever using your DSLR, you could try using a circular polarizing filter. it helps to cut reflections and haze from strong sun, so the high gloss from the paint won't confuse the camera sensor and blow the highlights.