GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by AAnton

1. A

Ricer Spotted Thread

Someone (not me) had the audacity to park this in my driveway right behind the MK6. Its even got a fart can yuck. It wasn't me though.
  2. A

Is changing tensioner worth it 2014 GTI?

The updated tensioner shouldn't be a NEED to be replaced item like the outdated version that was prone to fail. Timing chain stretch should be checked and monitored however.
  3. A

Ricer Spotted Thread

Wait, I recognize this. Longhorn in Bismarck lol.
  4. A

MKVI GTI oil in cylinders

Feel for you cuh. Any updates?
  5. A

Should I change my DSG transmission fluid?

Good to hear. I'm approaching my first service. What did you pay, or did you do it yourself?
  6. A

Engine Knocking - Can't Figure Out The Cause

"The shop that just had my car insisted that there’s no way it has a buildup, since the mileage was “too low”. Agreed, that statement is BS. Car could have serious carbon buildup even at that mileage. Mine at 28,000 miles had pretty significant buildup.
  7. A

Those who park their cars for winter or for a while

I usually try to actually drive it and get it up to normal temps during the winter when it is nicer out, as opposed to just starting it for a bit. I do keep a battery tender on it every once in a while as well.
  8. A

My timing chain jumped a tooth, and I think my mechanic and dealership are partly to blame. What to do next?

That sucks dude. Did you or anybody at any point check chain stretch through OBD?
  9. A

Front splitter only on mk6 standard

I personally don't think it will look bad. I have a Dutch Parts front splitter on my mk6 at factory height and think it looks fine. The mk6's without the euro lip NEED a splitter or something to fill that gap and help "complete" the look IMO.
  10. A

PZEV Owners Beware!

If you have a PZEV vehicle, I'm pretty sure the emissions coverage is only for certain states correct (states that require emissions testing)? In ND here, we don't have any emissions testing and I'm pretty sure if I needed any work on my 2013, from the list in this thread, that it wouldn't be...
  11. A

Got warranty letter from VW today

Yes, got the same letter. Finally, they are covering the 2013 and up mk6's now too in addition to the previously extended warranties for the 2010 - 2012s. Will hopefully get my '13 intake manifold replacement cost reimbursed. Nice.
  12. A

FS: CarGo blocks

What kind of boost tap comes with this?
  13. A

FS: P3 multi gauge red

Still available? This is the type that plugs into the OBD and doesn't require a boost tap correct? Thanks.