GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Airbus

1. Airbus

Front Suspension Clunking Noise at Only Low Speed

The funny thing is, they didn't appear to be very worn initially (and they were the stock bushings). The new ones are certainly a lot more snug against the pins though! I certainly disturbed them when doing the strut change though unknowingly, without a doubt. I noticed a pinging type noise...
  2. Airbus

Issue resolved. I swapped out the front caliper slider bushes on the problem side and the noise is gone!
  3. Airbus

Hi, thanks for this. I will investigate
  4. Airbus

Thanks both for your replies. I am investigating some more before changing the strut. Drop links are new and torqued down correctly, same with the top mounts (except they're not new). If I find the culprit, I shall post an update.
  5. Airbus

Hi All, Hoping someone can guide me in the right direction. I have a clunking noise coming from the front right end of my 2011 Golf MK6, only when travelling over potholes/uneven ground at speeds of less than 30mph. >30mph, there is no noise, even when coasting. A bit of background, I...
  6. Airbus

Slight RPM Fluctuation when Engine Cold and Electrical Consumers On, Golf MK6 1.6TDI

Hi All, Perhaps someone can assist. Since I have had it my car, a Golf MK6 2012 Model 1.6TDI (engine CAYC) has suffered from a slight but regular fluctuation in the RPM between 740-820rpm (as per VCDS) which you can feel through the steering wheel. Pre-Requisites for this to occur are engine...
  7. Airbus

Cruise Control Throttle Pulsing

Hi all, I have a strange issue that has recently developed on my 2011 Golf MK6 1.6 TDI. It has 97K miles on the clock. If I set the cruise control at a speed between 40-50mph (around 2000rpm), the car seems to surge every couple of seconds, like blipping the throttle to the desired speed...
  8. Airbus

Adding AUX-IN to MDI in Armrest

Hi all, I have a factory MDI setup in the armrest of my Golf MK6. The AUX-IN jack used to be in the stereo but I have now upgraded to the RNS510 which doesn't have it in the unit. I have a blanking plate where the AUX-IN should be just above the brake lever. Can it be replaced with an AUX-IN...