GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bigtim3727

1. bigtim3727

VCDS Measuring Block 93 Questions

As a lot of you may know, apparently you can measure timing chain stretch with measuring block 93 in VCDS, but after using it to gauge timing chain stretch on my 2012 GLI over the past few years, I'm left wondering how accurate it is. When I first got VCDS in 2018, measuring block 93 read...
  2. bigtim3727

MK6 GTI low boost reading with Cobb AP

It’s interesting you bring this up OP. the reason I say this is, I’ve had a s1+ unitronic tune for a little over 100k miles. They advertise boost at s1+ to be 18PSI IIRC, and I’ve never hit that number in any of my logs, but the actual vs requested boost always matched. It was also reaching the...
  3. bigtim3727

When did you let go of your MK6?

I question the accuracy of block 93 in regards to timing chain stretch. Mine was slowing increasing from -3.54 @85k, and last time I checked it was around -4 at 138k. That being said, I was getting some really whacky readings from it over the course of a week, then it went back to normal.
  4. bigtim3727

Sounds like Rattle snake in car when Accelerating with AC on

I have a 2012 GLI with the 2.0TSI and last summer I started to hear this rattling/hissing noise while accelerating with the AC on. I was going to bring it to the dealer, but after some reasoning with myself, I said " it's probably the sound of the refrigerant entering the evaporator at higher...