GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by biped

1. B

Modding racelands -- final front ftg?

Looking at switching from my fk street lines to something different. I feel like they have lost a lot of damping in my year with them, and they have rusted a lot. Mainly I am looking for a coil with dampers that will last a little bit and that will get my front to about 23" ftg. So, what goes...
  2. B

For the low folk : lowest mid grade coils?

I am currently on street lines with pulled helpers While they are not bad, and they ride ok enough, I know they are not going to last forever. But at the height I like to ride, my options for coils are limited. It seems like if you want to get low on this platform, it's either go with the...
  3. B

borbet lug shank length w/ spacers

ordered some rims off tirerack was told they come with lugs, which is fine, and the "useable shank" length was 33mm when i asked. would this be the total shank length, or the part protruding from the rear of the wheel? in this case, it should be the same as oem, correct? i just need this info...
  4. B

subframe vs road crown (pics)

yes, i am lowered. but i am fairly certain this would have happened to many factory cars as well. hit a road crown yesterday with my subframe / driver's side control arm bracket. hit it fairly hard. the only thing that saved the subframe entirely is that this pothole had been recently repaired...
  5. B

another "my car makes a weird sound"

first, a little background. indulge me. i owned a '12 tdi that i wrote off following a moose intervention on a highway. i hit it doing full tilt highway speeds, rolled the car five times and walked out without a scratch. figured i'd give vw another shot. had a feeling my previous mazda would...
  6. B

best coils to get at +/- 24" ftg?

i had a mk6 tdi on h&r supersports, manual. on stock 16s. my ftg, i believe, was around 24.5" to about 24 3/4". from day one, i was unhappy at the amount of lows. there was still frontal gap and a mild reverse rake, even with tt rear isolators. then i totalled the car, hitting a moose, and...
  7. B

anyone running the blue h&r mkv gti supersports?

i put a query up in the suspension section but it was buried. since this is basically tdi-specific, i'll ask: anyone order h&r supersports and received the blue mkv gti supersports? i ordered from pg in BC and expected the red mkvi "29" p/n springs. instead i got blue mkv gti springs, but the...
  8. B

TDI quirks... anyone else?

hello new to the forums. previous car was a tuned and fully bolted mazda 3 hatch that i ran to 200000km before the rear main seal started to leak a lil. just getting into the land of vws now, prob never look back. have owned my cw golf cl tdi manual since august and love it. have put on nearly...
  9. B

ordered h&r supersports for TDI... got mkv ss? Anyone else?

Hello, new to the forums. have owned my TDI since august and racked up about 25k km so far. figured one of my first true mods with this vehicle was going to be a nice drop, so i placed an order through pg performance out of BC for a set of h&r supersport springs. after much research, what i...