GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by darkxghost

1. darkxghost

FS: SOCAL: OEM GTI Monster Mats 4dr (all weather floor mats)

I have for sale an excellent condition set of monster mats. I drove the 4dr mark VI gti (not sure if 2dr and 4dr mats are the same parts). This came with my car as part of an option. They are in excellent condition, no tears or scuffs. It was in my car for 20k miles. I never have passengers so...
  2. darkxghost

Anyone know how the window fits in with the regulator?

So last week, my dealership had to remove the some parts in the interior door panel in order to access a plug (had to remove the motor for the window, suspend the window, etc.) When they put the window down (with force) the window came out slightly crooked. I can tell because the little...
  3. darkxghost

wind noise (sort of)

Hi, So I recently had a horror story with my door panel. Anyways, they had to suspend the window to replace a cable for the door and now the window isn't perfectly aligned (you can tell by the little sticker on the left, maybe a few degrees tilted). They pushed it as far as possible. Seems like...
  4. darkxghost

How to remove interior/exterior protectant?

So I'm about to order steering wheel inserts and rear badge inserts. I have sprayed on 303 aerospace protectant on those areas. Anyone know how to strip off protectant WITHOUT the use of alcohol? Thanks! Was thinking a general purpose cleaner (ie: Green) works?
  5. darkxghost

A Door Panel Story...

Thought I'd post my door panel story. Take it for what you will, just thought it was a funny to the least, experience of mine. So I bought my car last Nov, New. Day 1, there was a burn/scuff/scratch mark on the most visible area of the interior door panel. It stuck out like a sore eye (scuff...
  6. darkxghost

Meguiar's #40, Vinyl/ Rubber conditioner/cleaner. Anyone Use it?

So I got myself a free bottle of Meguiars #40 from a friend. Question. Anyone use this before? I use 303 on my dash/ vinyl exclusively so I was thinking about using this on the hard plastics (the entire door panel below the handle, the hard plastic on the lower portion of the seat, the kick...
  7. darkxghost

Cloth seats Lumbar support issues?

So I was driving home from work today and 5 seconds later, I heard a sort of click/pop/thunk sorta noise from my seats (it's not the click from adjusting seats front and back). I had my lumbar support all the way to the max. -How do the lumbar supports in the cloth seats work? Are they just...
  8. darkxghost

2 Cheap products for your seats... wow

Thought I'd post a quick update to my casual-detailing life. I have cloth seats to begin this statement (love the plaid design). These items have been talked about, but thought I'd chime in on my opinions since they were new to me. #1: Mr. Clean. Magic. Eraser (original) Wow is all I can say...
  9. darkxghost

FS: SoCal (2) driver side interior door panels from 4 door GTI, '12

I have two driver side interior door panels for a 4 door gti CLOTH (not autobahn) for sale. Also have 7 clips for the panels (in case you break them while removing panel) for sale. This panel is identical to the one from '11 as well. Same part number. I'm not sure about '10, you should check...
  10. darkxghost

Forum Down

^^same with vortex...
  11. darkxghost

Need VAGCOM help for '12 GTI LED TAILS (SoCal)

Hi everyone, Is there anyone in SoCal (orange county area) that can help with their vagcom for coding for the LED Tails. I drive a '12 Gti. Did not order the part yet but hoping to find someone that can help beforehand because I really am cutting it to even buy the lights to begin with. The...
  12. darkxghost

Anyone with a '12 GTI with LED Taillights?

Hi, So I was contemplating ordering the LED taillights from ECS tuning. I have a question regarding the vagcom coding. It appears there is a code for the '10 and '11. Anyone know which code is the correct code for '12 GTIs? I don't have the best luck with mods when it comes to cars so wanted...
  13. darkxghost

Full Detail Guide for the Casual Detailer

1/31/12- Updated with pics + tweaks/ added information is bold-faced. Currently in the office with absolutely no new work for today, so figured I'd post some small know-hows and such for cleaning your entire car for the casual detailer (no machines). I buy almost all my products from Amazon as...
  14. darkxghost

replace door panel??

So there was a scratch on the interior door panel (the vinyl material above the handles) from the dealership on my new car. They say they can replace the door panel for me next week with a new one. My question is: When a factory installed door panel is replaced with a new one, will the new one...