GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dAT_Sloth

1. dAT_Sloth

Window regulator

Pretty sure I have a window regulator going bad. Rear passenger window slows down near closing point like it has a ton of resistance on it, sometimes gets stuck and goes down on its own and I have to try again. No "VW window squeak" though. I guess I could tear the door apart and see if the...
  2. dAT_Sloth

Argh, why do people steal valve stem caps?

What does it say about a person if they need to steal something worth a couple of bucks? :bonk: Annoying for sure!
  3. dAT_Sloth

My new car search has begun...

If I were shopping today with your budget for a sensible yet fun DD it would be a WRX STI no questions about it.
  4. dAT_Sloth

My new car search has begun...

SS sounds nice and definitely has the power, but its such an ordinary looking car. =\
  5. dAT_Sloth

How do I find my head unit model?

Stock head unit in my car, trying to figure out capabilities of some of the alternate media sources. So to narrow it down for you guys the car is a 2011 4 door DSG with Bluetooth, 6 disk, color touchscreen, satellite radio and what looks like an SD slot centered at the bottom of the head unit.
  6. dAT_Sloth

Clicking noise

When the car is cold, there's this clicking noise coming from the rear passenger side (gas tank?) that only seems to happen when the car is barely moving. I've noticed it twice...once when pulling up to a gas pump and today pulling up to a stop light. It's not loud, but its noticeable if the...
  7. dAT_Sloth

Headlights, turn indicators, and brake lights

Oh boy what a wonderful first week of ownership it has been for me haha! I combed through a lot of threads with people having similar issues. I have intermittent lighting issues with indicators, brake lights, and headlights. Took apart one of the tail lights with an indicator issue, bulb was...
  8. dAT_Sloth

Oh joy - MIL & error codes

So I haven't even had my new (to me) GTI for a week yet and I'm already running into my share of problems. Over the weekend I replaced a faulty HVAC blower resistor that failed 2 days after getting the car. Not difficult by any means, but shortly after you get a car, even the tiny problems can...
  9. dAT_Sloth

Greetings!

Greetings GTI community! After 8 test drives, 6 different GTI's, countless hours of DSG vs 6MT deliberation, & haggling with a couple of stealerships... I've finally decided on a car. Picking up tomorrow evening. I was quite amused by the sheer volume of threads on the DSG vs 6MT debate...