GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Doommachine_

1. D

100k miles suspension refresh due.

nobody has any input on affordable refresh shocks and under 1" drop springs?
  2. D

looking for some more sound. Catback or DP possibilities

Still trying to figure out the best way to do this. Watching many differant sound vids and not sure I have come to a conclusion. Seen many that sound rather raspy and not all that good. I am fine looking at muffler deletes or changing mufflers and resonator if need be. Must sound good though...
  3. D

Res delete might be just right for me. Wonder if it will allow me to hear the pop and crackle tune or not.
  4. D

Not getting the feels for my GTI on the twisties and I would like to have some more exhaust note. Currently on a Stage 1.5 custom tune and not geeling a huge urge for more power. Also in California but not totally turned off by a catted downpipe but I am just not sure only a downpipe will give...
  5. D

100k miles suspension refresh due.

Ready to replace stock shocks and springs since the originals are pretty tired. Looking for some more roll stiffness and maybe more rear bias. Not needing any major drop or coilover setup and have been looking at Cup kits. so far am liking the Koni/Neuspeed kit as it had only a .8 drop and...
  6. D

EPC light with P0234 and P0236

p0234 high boost p0236, turbocharger boost sensor (A) Circ, Range/Performanceissue. Wife was driving and said it got a little jerky but did not go into full limp mode. she described it as hard shifts but could have been throttle response from the ETC kicking in. Having a hard time figuring...
  7. D

Is my tune the reason my PCV hoses are all leaking?

So I currently have a Stratified Stage 1+ tune on the car. Noticed yesterday when replacing a stock intake coupler that was starting to crack that the PCV is leaking oil out of the hose connections. At both sides of the intake manifold hose and on the PCV side of the line to the intake pipe...
  8. D

APR Carbono intake oil leaking from PCV vent connection

So I did a 3 hour trip the other day and at the end had several drops of oil on the ground. Looked at the top of the engine and the vent connection and exhaust heat shield had a lot of oil on it. I am aware that there will be oil coming through there normally. Wondering if I should just try to...
  9. D

Coolant Leak 2011 GTI

I have a coolant leak that has grounded me. It appears to be coming from the front of the car near where the engine mates to the transmission. There is no coolant on the radiator lines or any of the other lines I can find in that area. It's dripping off the block in that front drivers side...
  10. D

track cooked my brakes. pad only an option?

so the stock brakes on my 2011 GTI totally went dead at the track today. there is 2 heavy braking zones on Streets of Willow CCW and from braking hard in those the fronts got too hot and overheated the pads and I also cooked my fluid and the pedal went all soggy despite me flushing and putting...
  11. D

2011 GTI DSG intermittent shutters at cruse and light load

I noticed very small shutters a few months ago but recently they have gotten worse. Mostly happen at highway speed cruising the car will shutter for a second or two here and there. Spooked my wife tonight when she was driving on the highway. car has 70k miles on it DSG 6 speed auto. it does not...