GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ferrariF601

1. ferrariF601

bulb light error

so recently i've been getting the dummy light come on, meaning burnt light bulb, even on the MFD it says license plate light burned; but when i look at the license plate bulbs everything is fine. this started over the winter Jan maybe, and i had the LED with resistor in there (from previous...
  2. ferrariF601

question regarding TPMS wheels sensors

i'm trying to help a friend of mine that has a Mercedes C320 and has bought some new wheels (second hand) but they don't have TPMS sensors and he's getting the dummy light is it possible for me to use my VAG com cable in order to disable the TPMS?? and if so how do i go about doing that?? i'm...
  3. ferrariF601

emissions test in Canada....more so Toronto

so i'm looking at buying this 2013 Golf R that's been APR stage 2+for about 3 years. will this be a problem when i go about and do an emissions test?? will it pass emissions as it is tuned?? the owner tells me that an emissions test is NOT mandatory anymore when a car switches ownership; is...
  4. ferrariF601

the inevitable FANS RUNNING ON HIGH, happened

so i guess after 5 years of being APR tuned, about couple of days ago i got a check engine light which after i read with vag com came up with this: 1 Fault Found: 000275 - Intake Air Temp. Sensor (G42) P0113 - 000 - Signal too High - MIL ON Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 11100000 Fault Priority...
  5. ferrariF601

check engine light concern

so i just picked up my car from storage and after couple of days of driving i've teh CEL popped up on my dashoard this is what i pulled after i hooked my VAG-com to it ALSO i checked measuring block 093 (this is related to the chain strech) and the value there was -1.84 with the car warmed up...
  6. ferrariF601

clutch replacement TIPS needed

i need to replace the clutch in my R due to it starting to slip half a year or so after i went stage 1+ i plan on doing this at my buddy's place as he's GOT a hoist which will come in handy. so to anyone that has done this by themselves, i was hoping to get some in's and out's as well as...
  7. ferrariF601

importing a golf R from Quebec questions

i found an golf r in quebec at a reputable dealership, but when i asked them if the vehicle comes with safety and e-test, the sales guy i was talking back and fourth about this car told me that such tests don't get done in Quebec. so to my fellow canadians from Quebec, is that true?? when one...
  8. ferrariF601

Cost of timing chain tensioner replacement

just wondered how much you guys paid to have the OLD tensioner replaced with the NEW and updated one? with parts provided or just labour if you guys bought your own tensioner, bolts, covers and sealant. OH, and does anyone have a list of parts needed (also part #’s and quantity) needed for this...
  9. ferrariF601

W.T.B mkvi OEM led tail lights (dark cherry)

was wondering if anyone has a set of these for sale they want to part with?? let me know.
  10. ferrariF601

dilemma with 2013 Golf R I found on autotrader

so i've found this R on autotrader like 4 weeks ago, emailed the person numerous times and NOTHING....i just can't seem to get an answer back i really like to buy this R as it's it's totally stock and with low mileage....even though it's in Ottawa....a bit of a drive, but not too bad i can't...
  11. ferrariF601

Wanted: VW OEM Thunder II wheels

like post states, i'm after a set of Thunder II wheels; they have to be in really good condition (no scratches, curb rash or bends) with prefferably good tires also or if someone wants to trade for some MINT serrons with almost new Dunlop sp sport 2050 rubber, i can also do so here's what the...
  12. ferrariF601

CCTA and CBFA latest water pump differences

i know the latest water pump for a CBFA engine code ends in BG, but does anyone knwo what the latest water pump is for a CCTA engine code?? also would a latest CBFA water pump that ends in BG work in a CCTA engine?? does any one know the differences between the TWO?
  13. ferrariF601

Castrol EDGE 0W40 european formula

so i was browsing around Canadian Tire store here in canada....yeah, i'm canuck...LOL and i came across this waht it looks a new oil from castrol, at least to me since i havent seen it before; it's an european formula, it is a 0W40 and it meets the VW 502 and 505 same as teh Mobil 1 european...
  14. ferrariF601

6spd manual transmission WHINE

I guess it’s been a while since I was driving without the music going on in my car, and last night while I was driving through a mall parking lot, I kept hearing this gear WHINE mostly in 2nd gear and around 2K RPM or so. This was only heard when I was letting off the gas kind of thing, kind of...
  15. ferrariF601

liqui moly mos 2

has anyone ever tried this ADDITIVE to the regular oil changes in their engines?? if so what are your takes on it?? pros vs. cons i've done some readings on it and it seems pretty good from the reviews i've read on it http://www.liqui-moly.com/liquimoly/...cument&land=US thx