GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Ganiman

1. Ganiman

Wiper "stutter"

Replaced the motor and linkage assembly. The place that fixed it for me said you can't get the motor and linkage together, which is typically how you would order replacement parts, and they had to get them separate. Parts were more expensive than what I expected and labor involved was too. I...
  2. Ganiman

Wiper "stutter"

If I "help" one of the wipers with my hand, it'll go all the way up and down, but it still struggles. They even sort of worked the other day by chance, but not at normal speed.. they just made the journey up and down without stopping, but that only lasted a short time and they are back to how it...
  3. Ganiman

Wiper "stutter"

No. It happens on any of the regular modes dry or wet. If I use the wiper fluid mode it sort of works a little better, but not completely.
  4. Ganiman

Wiper "stutter"

Yesterday I was trying to use my rear wiper and spray fluid on the rear window. Nothing came out and my wiper fluid light came on and I realized I hadn't filled my wiper fluid in a while. I pulled over at the next gas station, got some wiper fluid, filled it up, and tried my wipers. The front...
  5. Ganiman

Ganibuild

Finally went stage 2 after 7 years. It's awesome. It was a "necessary" maintenance... needed a new part of my exhaust, so got the necessary maintenance done. Didn't a clutch though, but it's coming in a couple of weeks. I've worked from home for the last 4 years and almost never drive, so I'm...
  6. Ganiman

Air blowers / fans no longer working

I couldn't find the # of the fuse to check, but I think I checked the all and they all looked good. I ordered a new motor already, but I'll look at this one specifically though just to be sure. I think the fuse, resistor and motor are all the components in that system, so should be "brand new"...
  7. Ganiman

I'm guessing the blower is toast. I pulled it out and it doesn't turn very easily by hand. Maybe someone else has another idea, but I'll price this thing out and see what I find.
  8. Ganiman

A while back my air conditioner / heater would only blow air on setting 4. Then 4 stopped working too. I looked it up and it seemed like the blower resistor near the cabin filter was bad. I replaced it, but the fans still do not work. Where should I look next? The air AC still works, I can feel...
  9. Ganiman

Hand brake "froze"

My passenger side hand brake "froze". I detached the hand brake cable. The part that hooks into was stuck so the brake wouldn't let go. I was able to tap it open and release the brake and the car rolls again, but the hand brake cable is still detached. How do I fix? Does it need some lube or...
  10. Ganiman

Tiguan exhaust leak

I know it's not a GTI, but it's the same 2.0T so I figure guys around here could help me out. I just had my wife's 2009 Tiguan on a lift. I thought the down pipe was cracked or something by the sound it is making. When we got it on the lift and looked and listened with a stethoscope to find...
  11. Ganiman

Wheel bearing help

I picked up my car this morning from my mechanic after some intake manifold drama. They took it out for a 20 mile test drive this morning, highway and city, to make sure everything was cool before they handed it back off to me. When I got the car back, he let me know a wheel bearing was...
  12. Ganiman

New intake manifold = broken car

Last week I had a check engine light come on when I started my car. It was not present the night before. The MFI did not show any messages about the CEL, so I brought it to the local VW/Audi/BMW shop that does APR tunes and what not. They read the code for me, determined it was a failed...
  13. Ganiman

Rasberry Pi in a GTI?

Raspberry Pi in a GTI? This idea for me began when I was looking up parts to hard wire a dash cam to my fuse box. I found lots of 12v to 5v converts with female USB plugs on them that would wire nicely in to a new circuit in my fuse box, but most of what i found was from China with sketchy...
  14. Ganiman

This little kid can drive and park better than you

RbVFI08yj1I
  15. Ganiman

Subie or Mitsu (now with HUGE PEEKS from NEEK)

Where is the "neither" option?