GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Giblet46

1. G

Metal flap in the EGR coolant pipe?!

So my 2008 plate 2.0 TDI mk6 threw a flashing glow plug and engine fault warning (followed by limp), assumed to it be the EGR. So today going to clean the EGR, I removed the EGR cooler pipe from the side of the EGR, only to find the below semi lunar flap in the space just before the EGR flap...
  2. G

Broken rear cup holder fix!

Seems a common issue, but the rear cup holder is very fragile, and despite being told not to touch it, the kids kept pulling the cup holder breaking it. Seem to have a relatively simple fix there is a clip internally that breaks and keeps falling off, I simply made a small drill hole in the...
  3. G

Rust round rear lights

Doing my first proper detailing today (not really the weather for it!), and noticed I have rust on both sides round the rear lights, right in the corners, same place on both sides. Is this something others have encountered? Mines a 09 plate Assume there is a guide somewhere on removing the...
  4. G

Interior lights not coming on

Hi all, not sure if this has come up before (I've looked, but the search function for the forum on Tapatalk is not great!), but my interior lights do not come on with the key or when you open the doors. All the interior lights do work when you switch them on directly with their individual...
  5. G

Random part Mondays..

So having a look in the engine bay of my 2.0 TDI, firstly after cleaning the plastic engine cover discovered the soundproof Matt just made it dirty immediately, but also discovered this random part lodged down the back of the engine. Seems to be a conduit of some kind, but no obvious place as...