GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Gino

1. G

Smog in CA and k04

Quick reboot for this thread. I have smog coming up. From what I recall reading, cali smog now test for approved tunes. Anyone this year do a smog with a stratified tune with emissions on? Or am I basically forced to tune to stage 0 or unmarry the AP before smog? Currently im green on all...
  2. G

Oil change interval. Days or KM’s?

I am in the same boat, my GTI was hardly driven in a year. It took me 18 months to put on 3k miles. I sent the oil out to Blackstone and was told that for our modern engines, time is not so much important as is the mileage. Oil came back with no issues. I was told if my next oil change took over...
  3. G

New Member, 2012 GTI engine is toast 2 weeks after I bought it... Rebuild?? Or swap??

I've had my engine grenade twice. Second time I ended up replacing the engine with a lower mileage one found on car-parts.com . You shouldn't be going from CBFA to a CCTA. If you do some research you'll find that the TSI engine is in a lot of different VW/Audis. My replacement engine came from a...
  4. G

Engine Replacement Rant/Advice Seeking Thread

Lets get this started with some background information. The car is a 2012 VW GTI, 4 door, 6 speed, essentially FBO K04 set up. 2 years ago I had the dreaded timing tensioner issue arise that resulted in bent valves and a costly engine head rebuild. Bummer to say the least when you are all out of...
  5. G

Track Tire Help

Looking for some help picking a track tire. Trying to wrap my Neuspeed RSe05 17x8 +45. The 3 tires I have been looking at are: Bridgestone RE-71R, Hankook RS4, and Toyo R888R. Anyone have anything to say for any of these tires? A recommendation? My car is lowered and has no rubbing issues with...
  6. G

17Z Front / Stock Rear : Pad recommendation.

I currently have 17Z Calipers on the front of my car and kept the rear stock. The front 17Z calipers have stainless steal lines, but I couldn't tell you the pad. When I had them installed I had OEM fluids put into the system. The rear pads are nearly done with and I was considering doing new...
  7. G

FS: Ross Tech Micro-CAN

SOLD
  8. G

FS: APR Intake

I am selling my APR Stage 1 Intake. It will come with 2 cleaned filters, the secondary breather filter for CBFA engines, the intake housing of course, and if desired the remainder of my K&N filter cleaning kit. One filter is the original one that came with the intake and the other is the K&N...
  9. G

Help Identify a Issue. 5 Codes

I am hoping someone can help me with my problem. I was driving my car like normal today. When I came to a stop it felt odd. The car rev'd coming to the stop when the clutch was in and I was breaking. It started to make some wierd noise. Sounds like something is loose or a bearing on a pulley is...
  10. G

EDC Las Vegas 2016 Tickets (2)

FS: 2 General Admission EDC Las Vegas 2016 Tickets. I purchased as two separate orders so you will be getting 2 goodie boxes with this purchase. Asking $850 OBO. The event is not sold out yet, but probably will sell out. If you know someone possibly interested great, point them in my direction...
  11. G

EPA plans to make modified cars illegal

Signed. This thing has a bunch of signatures.
  12. G

EPA plans to make modified cars illegal

This will never happen. Its basically a sport for some. Seriously, it is.
  13. G

Fastivus 2016

Fastivus @ Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, Ca
  14. G

Powerball

Results are coming in slowly. Someone in Chino Hills, CA matched all numbers tho. Anyone here from Chino Hill :)
  15. G

Powerball

I was thinking the same thing. Building a track. Although I never tracked before that would be a great time to let loose on the throttle. Could even be in my backyard or somewhere private.