GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by hslxsmd1

1. H

NYC TRADED IN CAR

Hi everyone, I got a bunch of parts left after trading in my car. ALL are OBO but lowballs will be ignored, PICK UP/CASH IN NYC only. THE SMALL ITEMS I AM WILLING TO SHIP Best way to reach me is by email hslxsmd@yahoo.com Drawtite hidden hitch, NO BOLTS $100 OBO...
  2. H

alignment issue

Does anyone else have a problem with the gti going out of alignment really easily? I do not run into potholes purposely and i do not drive my car hard.
  3. H

Soon to be goodbye =(

So my son was born not too long ago. Family is growing. I drive the in-laws around, GTI is getting quite cramp. I want to ask if anyone here owns or owned a Ford Flex, and what your opinion on them is. This is just an option for now. Second option is to tell my in-laws to shove it and take...
  4. H

WTB Cheap 225/40 r18 tires nyc area

hey, i am looking for a used cheap set of tires in the nyc area. could be worn junk tires. let me know what you got. tradin my car in and i want to keep my current tires. thanks
  5. H

Alignment Question

How often do you guys do an alignment on a stock suspension GTI? I live in NYC and avoid as many potholes as I can but the last one I hit seems to have knocked something off. It was a metal construction plate on top of a rise in the pavement so it was like hitting a 3 inch curb at 40mph. I did...
  6. H

CLEANING OUT GARAGE!

Trunk Tray $100obo PICKED UP EURO SWITCH $50 paypal/shipped! CarGo Blocks $20 a set PICKED UP. Will ship if buyer pays shipping. I have 2 sets. ENKEI PKR with GOODYEAR EAGLE TIRES $600obo PICKED UP Rims are 17", used to be on my old 2011 Civic. No bends or road rash on rims. Tires...
  7. H

DSG stalling

For the past few weeks, I noticed that when starting my engine, it was harsh and rough. Sometimes it would take a few extra cranks to start the engine. Today, I got into my car from the mall, started the car and started reversing. The car stalled within seconds. I shut it off, and restarted...
  8. H

Conti DWS Pricing

Hey, I got 2 bubbles in 2 tires and I ran them for the summer but with winter coming, I feel its time for new tires. I got a quote of $694 before tax for 4 contis DWS mounted and balanced with 2 year road hazard warranty from the dealership. Is that a good deal? NYC area. Thanks
  9. H

NYC AREA ONLY! DEPO LED TAILLIGHTS

Hey, I bought this set of taillights last year. No leaks, No fittment issues, No LED bulbs out, No problems at all. I recently added a new member to my family, first baby boy and I may need to upgrade to a Passat, so I am selling the only modification I have made to my car. I take meticulous...
  10. H

Under tray trunk storage compartment NYC AREA!

Local Only, I dont feel like dealing with shipping. $100 Almost perfect condition. Located in Queens, NY. https://www.dropbox.com/s/21h3f97du05iddu/20140522_183852.jpg PIC!
  11. H

Kuat NV install

Its almost that time of year! Biking season is upon those in the northeast whos been battered this year by old man winter. I was searching for the last few weeks for a hitch setup with the Kuat NV on a gti. I found one guy who had the exact same setup but sadly he only had 1 picture and it was...
  12. H

RHO plate. NYC AREA PREFERED

Hey, I have a used RHO plate. It retails for $60. I'll let it go for $30 firm. It could use a new layer of paint (nothing a $3 can of spray rustoleum wont do) and it could use some new nuts/bolts (a bunch can be had for like $3 at home depot) NYC (Queens) pick up with cash is preferred! Will...
  13. H

New mod. Instant 100hp loss!

But I'm excited about it!
  14. H

Shampoo on cloth seats

I have some whiteish dust stains on my seats, NO IT IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS! What would you suggest to shampoo it out? Also, my seats looks a little faded but it has never been shampooed or washed. Any advice on this?
  15. H

Can you explain what they are thinking?

I reached out to a local shop known for their work with VW's audis ect. I had a simple request, install my draw-tite hitch. I read the instructions, an hour's work even for those who dont know what they are doing. Less then 10 bolts/nuts involved... and they quoted me at $300.... just...