GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by james9120

1. J

Scratched glove box (picture)

Any advice on trying to remove a scratch from my glove box? Tried the generic interior spray and brush hoping it was glue, no luck. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  2. J

VWR springs ride like ass!

Never expected lowering springs to ride so harsh.. every bump even at low speeds sounds like I hit the struts limit on travel, feels horrible. Maybe the shop installed the wrong? Is that possible? Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  3. J

Misfires, log inside

Anybody want to take a whack at my misfire issue, please do! Awaiting APR's email response but guessing I won't hear anything until Tuesday. Starting at 5000RPM, but closer to 6000RPM I start to get sputtering. Gets worse the higher gear I'm in. Doesn't do it all the time which annoys me. I...
  4. J

Weird noise from passenger side After stage 1, between 3-4K RPM

So immediately after getting a stage 1 tune (trial) I noticed a sort of "howling" noise between 3-4K RPM at WOT. Trying to narrow it down. It's coming from the passenger side, can be heard outside I believe. I disabled the in cabin speaker, that wasn't it. It sounds similar to if you had a...
  5. J

Dynaudio Speakers distort easily?

Noticed the Dynaudio in my R distorts easily on "heavy" bass songs, even when set to just +1 at a medium-high volume. Can't tell if it's isolated to just one speaker or multiple, but it has that "speaker turned inside out" sound when a bass line hits in just about any types of songs.. Is this...
  6. J

FS: (CT) Snow Tires Continental Winter Contact 205 55 16 w/ steelies

Used them only 2 seasons, most of the tread is still left. Pick up only. All tires have 9-10/32nd left of tread. Wheels are round as far as I know. $300 for all 4.
  7. J

Eurodyne Maestro Tuning Suite Cable $100 shipped

SOLD For sale is my Eurodyne cable. It's in perfect condition. I believe you will save $100 on the suite if you buy the cable. The credits to flash cost $500, +$100 for my cable brings you to $600. The cable new with credits costs $800. Do your own research though, don't take my word for...
  8. J

FS: Used APR mobile Dongle $110

SOLD! Selling my used and married dongle. APR will unlock it for $50 and you pay shipping. Check with sean@apr for policy info, or speak with Justin from APR. Comes with just the dongle, lost the box :( shipping to US only.
  9. J

Golf R intercooler, pick up CT $120

Priced to sell, maybe 15K on it. Just taking up space.
  10. J

What else to replace with the front end off? Including IC

I'll be replacing the lock carrier soon, and half the front end needs to come apart to do that. So I'll be swapping the S3 IC I have with most likely a Wagner Tuning IC. What else should I replace/get rid of that's in there? 2008.5 TSI
  11. J

What do you guys do to ensure your engine is running healthy?

Boost leak tests, compression checks, etc. What else?
  12. J

So, how do you guys sell heavily modified cars?

Not really looking to get all my money back, I know that's impossible. But I would like to pay off what I owe with the money I sell for. Probably my come up short a little
  13. J

So, how do you guys sell heavily modified cars?

Interesting points and ideas, thanks everybody! I'm just curious really. The newer cars are very appealing, along with warranties..