GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by jg167

1. J

Has anyone had a backup camera installed at a SF bay area shop?

I really like the GTI camera add on (with euro parts) mostly to check distance when parking, my depth perception isn't that great in such situations. I might take it on myself, but am hesitant to do so. But I'm also not so sure I want to go to a shop that hasn't done this before, even if they...
  2. J

dsg vs manual by age poll

This question has been asked, but it would be a lot easier to just see the distributions. So no need to repeat your post, just add your data.
  3. J

Vent control knob mark is hard to see, and other little GTI gripes

I love my '12 GTI (DSG, Autobaun, blue), but among the little annoying bits is the fact that the red dot on the outer edge of the chrome knob on the vent control (far right of the temp/fan/vent trio), is really hard for me to see. I've put a little piece of white tape on the cylinder of the...
  4. J

So who will be the first to install a JVC KW-NT800HDT?

This looks like a pretty nice unit. 7" screen, 2 way iPhone connect (Pandora support) more like an RNS 810 I'd say then the RNS 315 I'm likely about to accept if I get a GTI. Crutchfield says no mods, but the steering wheel controls adapter issue seems a bit on the vague side. So someone...
  5. J

Can Nav on iPhone interrupt the radio on Premium VIII?

By which I mean the turn by turn voice part of nav. If the car head unit is getting digital audio from the iPhone, this could be possible (i.e. it can know when a packet is transmitted as opposed to trying to just look at a line level), but would expect this functionality is not supported...
  6. J

OEM Nav option for 2008 R32?

Moved to the MKV forum, sorry about that.