GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by jmblur1

1. J

OEM spring numbers for 2010 DSG 2 door?

Somehow managed to break a rear spring on my GTI. I'm selling it soon so just want to replace the broken part, not put on drivergear or aftermarket springs. Anybody have the proper part number for a 2010 DSG 2 door rear spring? Cheers!
  2. J

Intermittent power steering failure?

On my '10 GTI, about once every 3-4 weeks my power steering will suddenly start cutting out - generally at wheel angles between 90 and 180 degrees from straight. It causes some pretty significant wheel "notchiness". Seems to be either stopped or at low speed (<35mph), but it's not like I turn...
  3. J

Throwing a couple codes... P0120 / P1543. Throttle body dying?

Trying to track this one down so I know how much it's going to cost me. ~45k miles on my 2010. Codes pulled from my p3cars boost gauge, not a VAGCom, so there is a chance they may be wrong. P0120 - throttle/pedal pos. senor A circ Malfunction P1543 - throttle position sensor too low Cleared...
  4. J

I have an awesome Idea

They likely won't even listen to you unless you have a patent pending. Most companies won't (so you can't sue them for IP theft later on if they do launch it, but had been working on it anyway). You could try to get them to sign a non disclosure... but good luck on that too. Unless you have a...
  5. J

Anybody have a hitch rack on their GTI?

As much as I hate to do it, roof racks are a pain in the ass for putting bikes on, and mine causes my driver's door seal to leak. Since I need a new bike mount anyway when I get my new mountain bike (thru axle fork won't work in my QR fork mount tray), I'm considering switching to a hitch rack...
  6. J

I have now been without my GTI for 26 days.

I'm getting pissed. Mechatronics unit was supposed to come in 2 weeks ago now, just got told the EARLIEST it will ship from Germany will be tomorrow, but likely not until closer to the 10th. :mad0259: :mad0259: :mad0259:
  7. J

Add me to the Mechatronics Replacement group...

after stalling 3x (and having strange behavior when coming to a stop in certain situations - see video below), getting the software reset, then stalling one more time, VW has decided to replace my mechatronics unit. Just a warning for all - if you feel your DSG unit is acting strangely, report...
  8. J

Uh oh... DSG stalling. Time for a new mechatronics unit?

27.8k miles on the clock. 3x stalls in the past two weeks. Two coming down a parking garage (while slowing down to put ticket into the gate), one today while in traffic. I ALMOST caught the last one on video, but stopped my video 5 seconds too soon - it had a near stall (dropped to 650rpm)...
  9. J

Apartment just banned me from washign my car in the garage

wtf mate >_< Gotta try to convince them to let me at least use ONR or something... sigh.
  10. J

Rattling center armrest?

So, what I thought was a bpillar rattle on the passenger side actually turns out to be my armrest cover rattling. Definitely the cover or the top part, as it rattles much more when in a vertical position than in the normal horizontal position. Go figure. Anybody else have this? Any hints for...
  11. J

Prize package from Detailer's Domain came today! Thanks Phil!

Won one of Phil's weekly contests, and the prize just came today- with two bonuses! DD accidentally sent me wheel cleaner at first, but because he's awesome he told me to keep it and sent the rest. And while diggig through the bag's many pockets, I discovered some Sonax polishing cloths too...
  12. J

Crap. Today just got expensive.

And to rub it in, the song playing on the radio when i walked into the office was "sound of breaking glass".
  13. J

Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Yeah, although bestbuy gave me a free GT-R race car (stealth edition), that has absurd grip and goes like stink. I try to reserve it just for the supercar/racecar type races, it's fun as hell but it's more fun to actually race (well, with a little tuning boost... haha)
  14. J

I got my birthday car on Monday. The legit way (what what). Got an '83 AE86, not too shabby - might build it into a drift car I guess.
  15. J

Already completed that one- and everything else in first two divisions. Working on pro races now.