GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Johnny Two Tone

1. Johnny Two Tone

Best speakers for MK6 GTI?

I have revamped the audio in my 2012 Golf a bunch of times. The thing that makes the 'upgrade' the most difficult is lack of adjustability in the box-volume, so to speak, of the doors. The doors are just wide open cavities, so there's zero control over the air-space. Basically, any speaker you...
  2. Johnny Two Tone

Automatic Headlight switch install

Did you have to do any programming to eliminate the "ding" warning (that your lights are still on) when you turn the car off. Years ago, when I put in that same device (my doesn't stick out, though. I'm not sure why yours does) I had to make a software change, otherwise for the breif amount of...
  3. Johnny Two Tone

Halogen to Xenon headlights not working

There would be a need for coding if there is LED secondary lights, DLR lights, etc, but flickering followed by the light turning off sounds like a Xenon driver issue. Did you install drivers. Did they come with the lights? Some sellers charge an small extra fee to send you anti-flicker...
  4. Johnny Two Tone

Radio swap

I checked my manual and the radio code was in there, but only because the salesman hand wrote it in there so that I wouldn't lose it.
  5. Johnny Two Tone

Radio swap

As far as I know all VWs that have radio that have radio codes (eg. RCD510 in a Golf) have a sticker in the owner's manual that has that code printed on it. If you don't have the manual because you lost it or because you bought the car second hand and the code is missing then I'm not sure how...
  6. Johnny Two Tone

Sub install

My original sound system change had me leaving in the OEM deck - the RCD510 - which is what it seems you have. What I did was buy a Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 processor (back when it came out it could be purchased for under $400. Now, 6+ years later its MSRP is, like, $900) and installed it...
  7. Johnny Two Tone

Uber-Stealth Audio - Summer Sale?

Is it possible to fabricate an under-floor amp box that allows for two small amps on one side? Years ago I bought one your under-floor sub boxes (it's still going strong) and want to move my two Alpine PDX amps from under the front seat to under the floor of the hatch area. I'd rather not...
  8. Johnny Two Tone

Fixing Headlight Beam Pattern?

Is there a way to fix the beam pattern on a set of bi-xenon headlights? A few years ago I bought a set of Ed's aftermarket bi-xenon headlights. Everything worked out just fine as far as installing them and getting them programmed went. But, I never really did a proper adjustment on them - I...
  9. Johnny Two Tone

Noob Fuel Filter Question

I'm kinda' scratching my head at the moment. I was told I needed a new fuel filter by the dealer during my last oil change, but I told them I'd be doing it myself. I went online, looked up my car on part-site lists, then picked what seemed like the appropriate fuel filter. When I took out the...
  10. Johnny Two Tone

Easy To Add Fog To Ed's Tails?

If I were to buy a set of Ed's R-Tails for my Golf how hard would it be to change out the left side's reverse light for a red LED bulb to make it a rear fog light (I have the proper light switch and VagCom). Ed said that it is doable but he didn't get back to me on how difficult it is or where...
  11. Johnny Two Tone

Wow, No Hub Centric Ring = Bad!

I slapped my new wheels/tires on today but it turned out the the hub centric rings I got are the wrong size (even though I double checked the sizing before hand... hmm... more investigating needed). I put the wheels on without the rings since even sites selling wheels say that the rings don't...
  12. Johnny Two Tone

Just So You Guys Know All AM 2012 Window Switches DO NOT WORK

!Service Bulletin! I just want to put out a warning to anyone with a 2012 or newer model Golf/GTI/R that all of those aftermarket ("AM") window switches that you see on any parts site, eBay, etc DO NOT WORK with your car. Here is a listing for an OEM 2012 (June 2012 and newer) window switch...
  13. Johnny Two Tone

10 years cancer free today!

It's funny, I got the lamest cancer ever - simple surgery took care of it and I was literally back to school the next day - yet everyone still acted like, "OOOoohhh, dude! You alright, man?" People think it's just so damn amazing to randomly get a disease and then have a doctor do all the work...
  14. Johnny Two Tone

10 years cancer free today!

I think my one year anniversary is a few days away. Though, that wasn't something that was even on my mind until just now after reading the thread title.