GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by JonnySommes

1. J

Kessy Open Circuit

Yeah, that actually makes complete sense. I think it probably makes sense to test the handle first as then I'll know if it needs to be replaced. The Humble Mechanic actually suggests doing a drop voltage test and it makes sense why that's preferable. I was checking out an Audi blog and there...
  2. J

Kessy Open Circuit

Before I go buying a new handle and painting it, I figured I should at least test the wiring but was wondering if you could explain how one ohms wires? The connector (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/housing/3c0973704/) has four wires going into it and the handle with 4...
  3. J

Kessy Open Circuit

I cleaned the connectors and still no luck. I'll try homing when I have more time but I think I'm going to need to get a new handle. Bummer.
  4. J

Kessy Open Circuit

I'm going to start with cleaning the connector and inspecting for any damage. ECS sells this connector which connects to the handle. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/housing/3c0973704/ Is this what you're suggesting replacing? I believe the sensor is in the handle...
  5. J

Kessy Open Circuit

I think I can take the rubber grommet off. I'll need to look. Are you thinking to replace it or see if there's a damaged wire underneath it? I'll have a look when I clean it and apply contact spray I don't own a VCDS but I stopped by a mechanic and it read: 1052939 - Touch Sensor on Exterior...
  6. J

Kessy Open Circuit

Already looked at the wires/loom. Didn't notice anything particularly bad. How do you suggest cleaning it? Would something like Deoxit D5 Spray work? Would a VCDS tell me exactly where the problem is? Thanks for all of your help!
  7. J

Kessy Open Circuit

No exposed wire so I put electrical tape and it fixed the issue with the passenger door and I no longer see the message on the MFI but Kessy isn't working on the driver door. I removed the driver side door handle and wires look pretty clean and no sign of tearing. What am I missing?
  8. J

Kessy Open Circuit

About 8 months ago the keyless defective on my MFI came on in my 2012 GTI. After replacing the battery in the fob and troubleshooting different things, I made sure the wire to the antenna located behind the rear seats was properly connected. It was but I suspected that the wire was pinched under...
  9. J

Kessy/Keyless Not Working On Driver Door Handle

I know how to remove the door handle but not sure how to access the wiring. Any suggestions?
  10. J

It was throwing B116B13 (Driver Exterior Door Handle Touch Sensor - Open Circuit) and B116F13 (Driver Access/Start System Antenna - Open Circuit). What made it strange was that he cleared the code and the Kessy was working fine on both doors but about 20 minutes later, the driver door wasn't...
  11. J

Great idea. I'm bringing it in today to for a DSG transmission change. I'll ask them to scan it. I'll let you know what they say. Thank you!
  12. J

Keyless entry (KESSY) single door problem.

My 2011 MK6 is experiencing the same problem. Pardon my noob question but once you remove the handle, how do you access the wires in the first place? Is it possible without removing the handle? Thanks!
  13. J

There's a fuse for the Central locking for front doors but not specifically for driver's door. Is it worth replacing it even if the passenger is working?
  14. J

Last week the Kessy/keyless entry and lock suddenly stoped working on the driver side door in my 2011 GTI but it works perfectly fine on the passenger side. There isn't any malfunction error either. I replaced the fob battery, checked the wiring underneath the rear seats to make sure it was...
  15. J

When to replace timing chain tensioner

Yeah, I check it there too. No recalls or warranties. Thanks for the suggestion though!